C/W Marat Khusnutdinov (2020, 37th, MIN)

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
So Sochi's season is now over.

Lots of people in the Wild online community - including their beat writer Michael Russo - think Marat will be heading to North America shortly here. As a Khusnutdinov keeper league owner, I am excited about this.

My big question is could SKA block that by recalling him back to their team as depth/insurance for the playoffs since he's under contract with them?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
So Sochi's season is now over.

Lots of people in the Wild online community - including their beat writer Michael Russo - think Marat will be heading to North America shortly here. As a Khusnutdinov keeper league owner, I am excited about this.

My big question is could SKA block that by recalling him back to their team as depth/insurance for the playoffs since he's under contract with them?
They can't recall him, but his KHL contract is active until the end of April and the last time I checked the NHL isn't allowing to sign while having an active KHL contract.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like Russo, but he tends to miss little details the one Caser stated above.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Late to the party here but SKA couldn't recall him after the deadline because transactions between KHL teams are no longer allowed. So they could have forced him to stay until April 30th basically just to be dicks about it but I don't remember KHL team ever doing that in this scenario.

It's common practice to release players as soon as the season is over, SKA did this with Gusev or Gavrikov to name a few, so certainly a plan all along like Kshahdoo says.

Reactions: Marc the Habs Fan

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Wonder how long it'll take to get a work visa. Even coming from Canada seems like it takes longer than it should.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
They can't recall him, but his KHL contract is active until the end of April and the last time I checked the NHL isn't allowing to sign while having an active KHL contract.
I wonder if what happened with Fedotov has changed anything in this regard.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
was crappy in the khl. dumb move.

:huh:

According to Russo, the Wild and Marat are closing in on a deal which should see him in the NHL line-up this season (burning the 1st year of his ELC) as soon as he gets his work visa. They want to get him over here ASAP so he can acclimated to the States and the area. Kaprizov will take him under his wing.

Last edited:
Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
:huh:

According to Russo, the Wild and Marat are closing in on a deal which should see him in the NHL line-up this season (burning the 1st year of his ELC) as soon as he gets his work visa. They want to get him over here ASAP so he can acclimated to the States and the area. Kaprizov will take him under his wing.

Interesting I really liked him in his draft year.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Well, unless he just didn't give a sh*t during the season, I don't see how he is ready for NHL

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Well, unless he just didn't give a sh*t during the season, I don't see how he is ready for NHL

He may not be. He's getting a look in the NHL line-up so Wild brass can see where he is at in his development and because this will be the first time he's ever been to the States, it gives him a chance to acclimate to the local area, facilities and his teammates. Sounds like Kaprizov will be helping him along in that process.

Going into next season, it sounds like he will have to earn a roster spot like any other young player

Last edited:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
His work visa was approved today and he's on his way over. Maybe in the line-up on Sunday against the Preds.

• Wow
Reactions: Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad