C/W Marat Khusnutdinov (2020, 37th, MIN)

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Just a hunch but I could see the Rangers taking this guy with a bit of a reach considering their draft history.

considering our need at Center, and who will likely be off the board before him, he has to be one of our prime targets, if a Hollaway/Bission/Zary does not slip to us.

gusev nikita

Apr 27, 2020
moscow
upload_2020-8-31_11-7-25.png

Marat Khusnutdinov was officially represented in SKA in the 2020/2021 season

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The Hawks with the #17 pick probably won't select him, but I would love it if they did. I got turned on to this guy a couple weeks ago and watched all the highlights I could find and he is a dynamic player. High end skills and a motor that doesn't stop and a VERY good skater with speed, quickness and agility. He's only 5'9" but he plays bigger and gets involved all over the ice, including in the d-zone.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Is the "Khusnut" portion of his name the same way the "Kuznet" in Kuznetsov is supposed to be spelled?

No. It's spelled

Хуснут

not

кузнец

The two would have a very different pronunciation. The second one means blacksmith, not sure what khusnut would mean. My guess would be that it's a Russified non-slavic name.

Reactions: Korg

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Khusnutdinov is typical tatarian surname. He has the same origins as Yakupov, Iskhakov or Shafigullin, for example.
While the name is quite typical for Tatars it is more of an arabic rooted muslim name that Tatars in turn adopted.

The meaning is the beauty/good/blessing of faith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad