C/W Marat Khusnutdinov (2020, 37th, MIN)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would be fine with the Wild taking this guy with their second ( PIT)pick, assuming that they get another C with their first pick. This is the year when it really helps to have good, boots on the ground scouting, though, which not a lot of teams have in a Covid Russia. Is this guy 5'9( which usually means 5'8"), or a true 5'11"( which I have also seen him listed at)? I know that there are some great small players out there, but the AHL is littered with smaller, weaker guys who just can't play their game in the NHL.

Reactions: gusev nikita

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
FYI

CHL no longer an option. Erie appears to be selecting 2 picks import draft, meaning they are waving their rights to Marat

The pandemic certainly doesn’t help matters as he is really only a 1 year rental (2020-21) at this point and Erie can’t risk no season/limited action and him having zero chance to even consider the OHL

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
FYI

CHL no longer an option. Erie appears to be selecting 2 picks import draft, meaning they are waving their rights to Marat

The pandemic certainly doesn’t help matters as he is really only a 1 year rental (2020-21) at this point and Erie can’t risk no season/limited action and him having zero chance to even consider the OHL
Oh well. Not a big deal. Hope Marat gets consistent KHL minutes.

Reactions: gusev nikita

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
FYI

Erie has Marat on a protected list for players who didn’t report last season. So they get to pick twice and still keep his rights.

Reactions: bert

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018
One of my favourite centres in the draft. But sure it’s easy to worry about selecting him when another Russian (Ponomaryov) is also known for a complete game, is bigger, and vastly outproduced MK in international tournaments.

MK may be a top 10 talent, but might be a second rounder bases on the unknowns.

I'm kinda with you on that. Just the way Marat skate, you fall in love watching him. But then you look at his international stat ... and you realise how good Pashin did look playing with Ponomaryov and how meh he looked playing with Marat. You see how Guschin couldn't do anything with Marat and then start producing immediatly with Zlodeyev. Honnestly, I know people love his hockey sense alot, but I'm really not sure (with the puck). Personnally, I had a pick early 2nd round in my 7th round draft both were there and I took Ponomaryov. Outside his skating, I think Pono is the superior player at everything else (haven't see Pono in the Q, but internationnaly he was often the best player on the ice). I defenetly see the upside with Marat, the tool box is amazing, but I'll need to adjust the way he use it imho.

gusev nikita

Apr 27, 2020
moscow
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F4c362d3b-4e4c-4b14-b326-5469f27f17de_808x1196.jpeg

2020 NHL Draft Rankings: Final Top 31

Reactions: Jordeau

gusev nikita

Apr 27, 2020
moscow
  1. I think that now the main emphasis is made to check the guys who play in the North American leagues. see what condition these guys are in.
  2. Russian players who did not get into the squad will be checked in other competition wines.
  3. Marat will receive a call to the national team but a little later.
  4. I think it’s more important to go through the training camp with the VHL, KHL teams and gain a foothold in the team with a rank higher than ska 1946.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad