C/W Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Ässät, Liiga (2018, 3rd, MTL) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
During Saturdays game (VGK-PHI) our guy (Antti Mäkinen) said that Kotka and his mom have moved to a house from a hotel,
so he is definitely staying in Montreal, that is...if what he said was true and not a rumor.
Laval isn't that far off from Montreal.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
His advanced stats are godly, he's been one the best analytics forwards in the league so far. Problem is he's had a few posts and offensively he doesn't look fully comfortable yet, still adjusting i guess.
Playing extremely sheltered minutes do that to your adv stats. Not saying he's not good...but just saying.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
And back to Europe he goes! Kotka is a BUST. You heard it here first. Zero hockey IQ. Can't skate. Can't shoot. Can't pass. What the hell was Bergevin thinking?

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
And back to Europe he goes! Kotka is a BUST. You heard it here first. Zero hockey IQ. Can't skate. Can't shoot. Can't pass. What the hell was Bergevin thinking?

I'll never understand these weird vendettas people have against certain players. I like to think they know how horribly wrong they are, but they act this way as some kind of joke?

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
I'll never understand these weird vendettas people have against certain players. I like to think they know how horribly wrong they are, but they act this way as some kind of joke?

Please provide me with some information about Kotka's abilities as a hockey player. So far he's done absolutely nothing at all to justify the kind of praises he's getting from the members of this site. Seriously, he's bad. When I saw him play, I immediatelly thought about Brandon Yip. And we all know Brandon Yip isn't exactly a star player.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Please provide me with some information about Kotka's abilities as a hockey player. So far he's done absolutely nothing at all to justify the kind of praises he's getting from the members of this site. Seriously, he's bad. When I saw him play, I immediatelly thought about Brandon Yip. And we all know Brandon Yip isn't exactly a star player.
Okay, this troll attempt is going too far.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
S533jA

Are you simply trolling or just without any hockey knowledge? I cannot tell the difference.

Reactions: schnapshot

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal

maybe you could watch some games

here to help

laser of a shot

pre season video showing little details of his game

more videos

Jared Book on Twitter

David St-Louis on Twitter

Scott Matla on Twitter

He falls down a lot but he'll be a beast when he's 200 pounds.

Reactions: sharks9

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
There's nothing for him to learn in the AHL.

There probably is but Laval doesn't have a good reputation when it comes to development. During pre-season there were comments by Finnish NHL experts (I think one was current NA correspondent and one former) that many prospects have drank their future away in Laval.

KeziaTML

Apr 29, 2010
Calgary, AB
He should be dominating whatever league he is in. It's ok if that's not the NHL. He is barely 18 and the youngest player in professional sports, not just hockey.

TonyTinglebone

Oct 6, 2008
There probably is but Laval doesn't have a good reputation when it comes to development. During pre-season there were comments by Finnish NHL experts (I think one was current NA correspondent and one former) that many prospects have drank their future away in Laval.
That's a weird thing to say since the team has only been in Laval for one season

Reactions: savard95

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal

Maybe youre talking about Hamilton and Nygren comments?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Laval has a brand new coaching staff and there has been an AHL team there for a grand total of one season. Not really sure how many player drank their future away.

There were junior teams that played there a while back, and produced some pretty decent NHLers, like Bossy, Damphousse and Mario Lemieux.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Exactly my thoughts. I would like to see him get 1st pp minutes though, to boost his stats and give him even more confidence offensively.
They really need to give him that confidence. Once that confidence goes, it's hard to get back. Besides, he's earned it. Rotting him away is a slap in his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad