C/W Gabe Perreault - Boston College, NCAA (2023, 23rd, NYR)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
GP is a great prospect and I would be ecstatic to have him in my team's minor league system, that being said if Mike Grier called Chris Drury and offered him Will Smith for Gabe Perreault Drury would quickly accept the offer. If you polled the 32 GMs of the NHL on who they would rather have in their system all 32 would take Will Smith.

First of all we'll see. Second of all I didn't say he wasn't. He's not 10+ draft spots better. Gabe has now outscored him two seasons in a row albeit not by much.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
First of all we'll see. Second of all I didn't say he wasn't. He's not 10+ draft spots better. Gabe has now outscored him two seasons in a row albeit not by much.
Perreault had more points last year but a lower PPG due to doing it in more games. If you consider that outscoring then isn't Will Smith outscoring Perreault this season?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Perreault had more points last year but a lower PPG due to doing it in more games. If you consider that outscoring then isn't Will Smith outscoring Perreault this season?

I actually didn't realize he played more games. They have very similar production. They're not 10+ spots apart. It's ridiculous.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Gabe has now outscored him two seasons in a row albeit not by much.

With the margins as slim as they are between those two, scoring isn’t a real factor when determining who is more valuable.

Having said that, this thread and the blind/religious love for GP by some of you has to stop.

Get your facts straight: last season, GP had more Points than WS, but WS had the better PPG. This season, it’s the other way around.

Yet you claim GP outscored WS in Both season‘s. WTF

Stop overcompensating and be happy that you got a damn fine prospect at 23 (had him ranked 10th).

Edit: late to the party

• Haha
Reactions: rangersfansince08

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
With the margins as slim as they are between those two, scoring isn’t a real factor when determining who is more valuable.

Having said that, this thread and the blind/religious love for GP by some of you has to stop.

Get your facts straight: last season, GP had more Points than WS, but WS had the better PPG. This season, it’s the other way around.

Yet you claim GP outscored WS in Both season‘s. WTF

Stop overcompensating and be happy that you got a damn fine prospect at 23 (had him ranked 10th).

Edit: late to the party

I didn't realize that WS played fewer games, relax. Are Sharks fans super insecure that a prospect that was drafted at 23 might be better than their #4 overall when all is said and done? My only gripe is not that Will Smith is seen as a better prospect. My gripe is that Perrault is somehow not seen as top 13 whereas Will Smith is listed is at #4 for many. Similar production both years in the last two years. It's absurd. They're not 10 spots in the same draft apart.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
GP is a great prospect and I would be ecstatic to have him in my team's minor league system, that being said if Mike Grier called Chris Drury and offered him Will Smith for Gabe Perreault Drury would quickly accept the offer. If you polled the 32 GMs of the NHL on who they would rather have in their system all 32 would take Will Smith.
Highly doubtful.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Clearly still skates with concrete feet tho. Great scorer but he needs to change something with his skating. Some fourth liners on these college teams that skate way better than him.
Lmao just admit you dont watch him at all. His skating is completey fine. Maybe watch a few of his breakaway goals recently when he pulls away from defenders.

• Haha
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
I didn't realize that WS played fewer games, relax. Are Sharks fans super insecure that a prospect that was drafted at 23 might be better than their #4 overall when all is said and done? My only gripe is not that Will Smith is seen as a better prospect. My gripe is that Perrault is somehow not seen as top 13 whereas Will Smith is listed is at #4 for many. Similar production both years in the last two years. It's absurd. They're not 10 spots in the same draft apart.

Sharks fans are the ones „insecure“? I don’t see them post in the Will Smith every time he hits the urinal while peeing and calling him the greatest thing since bread came sliced. It’s been really quite in there and that’s ok, cause he won’t be one iota better because of that.

But if you feel the need to praise GB every turn and compare him to WS (as if that matters), at least get your facts right. That’s where I came from.

Most of you sound like you are personally offended that GP dropped to 23. But why? Be happy about it and enjoy the ride.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Sharks fans are the ones „insecure“? I don’t see them post in the Will Smith every time he hits the urinal while peeing and calling him the greatest thing since bread came sliced. It’s been really quite in there and that’s ok, cause he won’t be one iota better because of that.

But if you feel the need to praise GB every turn and compare him to WS (as if that matters), at least get your facts right. That’s where I came from.

Most of you sound like you are personally offended that GP dropped to 23. But why? Be happy about it and enjoy the ride.

To be fair, the same could be said of Sharks fans constantly posting in this thread about Smith. They are both very good players.

@SnowblindNYR has made a good point: Anyone thinking Gabe is still a product of his linemates and/or 10+ draft selections worse than Smith is probably not being serious. But it's fine to say Smith and Gabe are very good prospects, and appear to be very close in skill at this stage. Which is not an indictment on Smith, but should be viewed as a huge plus for Gabe given their draft positions a year ago.

Edit: Thank you, moderator, for the clarification, and apologies for the error.

Last edited:

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Don’t you know getting the most hype is as important as being a good player?

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
gotta say i feel bad for Smith. if the rumors of him going pro after this season are true, he's gonna be stuck with David Quinn's coaching.

Thank god we don't have to worry about Quinn ruining Perreault anymore.
Knowing Quinn, Smith will make a nice move to set up a scoring chance and get benched for it.

Reactions: UnSandvich

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
But that's not true.

Last year, he had more points that Smith yet a slightly worse PPG

This year, he has less points and a lower PPG.

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
But that's not true.

Last year, he had more points that Smith yet a slightly worse PPG

This year, he has less points and a lower PPG.
Think this has been covered a couple times now but small correction. This year he has a slightly higher PPG 1.74 to 1.72. Basically the seasons mirror each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad