C/W Gabe Perreault - Boston College, NCAA (2023, 23rd, NYR)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
The more I watch these guys, the more concerned I am for Perrault's speed at the next level. His form is pretty good and he hustles but he's just not very fast and I don't know if he can get much faster. He doesn't have the skating to beat contested plays. However, his timing is good and he knows how to pick his spots in terms of generating speed before he needs it and being in motion to get open. Just not sure how well it'll translate at the next level.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Don’t be surprised if Perrault doesn’t play tonight, it’s not expected to be anything serious, should be back next weekend

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
What happened?
No idea, just going off what BChockeyblogger put out who's pretty tied into the team. He played all the way up to the end of the game last night. He did look a little labored skating on his last shift so maybe he got dinged at some point.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
It was classified as being out for "maintenance." Sounds like it was either a lingering or minor thing they wanted to give some rest to not aggravate and an extra day to heal

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I like how Greg Brown described him. Never heard it put in these terms, but that’s worded almost perfectly.

And he sees the ice so well that the passes are off his stick before someone can close and pin him.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
I like how Greg Brown described him. Never heard it put in these terms, but that’s worded almost perfectly.
Ya I think it’s a good description of it. Also makes sense why he has always taken a bit of time at each level to get acclimated. It’s like once he gets acclimated to the pace, his vision catches up and he starts making a big impact. Happened at the NTDP, BC and the WJC

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Big game Gabe! BC barely squeezed by last game to thankfully not get knocked out without him, he comes back to score 4 point. Annoucers were gushing over him, said he makes Smith and Leonard line run more smoothly.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I was told he's not a top 13 prospect from his draft from almost everyone on HF. While Will Smith is #4, and yet Gabe has at least been his equal this year.
I just ignore them. None of them haven’t watched him at all, just going by draft positions and/or dont want to admit the Rangers drafted what looks like a massive steal.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Let's all play nice. Leonard and Smith are good players and will have good careers too.

We root more for Perreault, but all the best to his friends and line-mates.
Thank you sir for this. No need to do the Smith vs Leonard vs Perrault comparison. 3 very different players from each other who all have incredible potential. Great to see Perrault back and healthy

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thank you sir for this. No need to do the Smith vs Leonard vs Perrault comparison. 3 very different players from each other who all have incredible potential. Great to see Perrault back and healthy
I think it happens because Perreault has kind of been doubted a lot the last few years and still is. It gets annoying as someone who has liked his game for a few years and he now plays for my team, but hopefully he can continue to silence the doubters and there will come a point where the knocks on him aren’t really talked about and it’s instead a discussion of how much he scores in the NHL. Time will tell. The doubters have their reasons. Some great junior/college players can’t translate it to the NHL.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
BC vs BU tonight for Hockey East championship. BC has last change so we should expect a ton of Cutter on Celebrini. BC relied on Cutter a lot defensively the first time they played at BC when they had last change, I'd expect to see the same this go around

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
I was told he's not a top 13 prospect from his draft from almost everyone on HF. While Will Smith is #4, and yet Gabe has at least been his equal this year.
GP is a great prospect and I would be ecstatic to have him in my team's minor league system, that being said if Mike Grier called Chris Drury and offered him Will Smith for Gabe Perreault Drury would quickly accept the offer. If you polled the 32 GMs of the NHL on who they would rather have in their system all 32 would take Will Smith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad