C Trevor Zegras (2019, 9th, ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I thought he could have slipped to 10 but it looks like he is going to top 6.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I loved his interview. Confident, smart, and has a good personality. He's got a good head on his shoulders and immense skill.

I've liked him for us at #8 for a long time. If he's there, and Turcotte/Dach aren't I thinks it an easy choice.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He’s gonna go really high. Like 4 or 5. He’s got that grittiness and cockiness to his game combined with as much skill as anyone in the whole draft. And he’ll likely end up around 6’1’’ 200lbs in his prime. Everyone wants a guy like that on their team.

Yeah, I see a pointy Tim Connolly (no concussions) type player. I don't get the comments about perimeter stuff, he goes in for pucks and works diligently to win battles. He's a whisp now, but when he fills out, he'll be able to impose more.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Modified my DRW DRAFT board for 1st round:

1 & 2) BPAS, we wont get them

3) Byram 3rd BPA, prolly wont get here either
it
4) Turcotte: a burner with skill not unlike Larkin or Veleno but ceiling to be the best of the 3. Turcotte's floor I think is high and his ceiling to be somewhere between Larkin and Matthews. Safe pick I reckon

5) Zegras: I REALLY like his skill, passing, vision. My kind of hockey player tempted to take him above Turcotte.

6) Podkolin: This is a tough one but the kid is already a beast at 6'1 200 pounds. seems to have decent vision but my concern his ability to play with other players. Could be a radulov but also could be a yakupov (although for some reason i doubt it).

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Yeah, I see a pointy Tim Connolly (no concussions) type player. I don't get the comments about perimeter stuff, he goes in for pucks and works diligently to win battles. He's a whisp now, but when he fills out, he'll be able to impose more.

I see some of Connolly and alot of Marc Savard personally.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Only concern with him is that he won't be an effective goal scorer at the NHL level.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

It comes from earlier in the process; as he discovered his snarl through the course of this season.
Only concern with him is that he won't be an effective goal scorer at the NHL level.

The best comp for him is Kuznetsov and he's not exactly pouring in 50 a year either :dunno:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He’s gonna go really high. Like 4 or 5. He’s got that grittiness and cockiness to his game combined with as much skill as anyone in the whole draft. And he’ll likely end up around 6’1’’ 200lbs in his prime. Everyone wants a guy like that on their team.

Came in this thread to ask this question, how gritty/physical is he? I watched him at the u18s but not a good place to judge the physicality of his game.. I've been reading he gets in a lot of scrums and is a pest. Does he throw his weight around much?

Zegras to Athanasiou? Greektown would have a field day with that

I like the ring of Zegras to Zadina more personally but I wouldn't mind Zegras at Detroits pick. Unless Byram falls I could really see him or Dach being the pick for Detroit

Reactions: Frk It

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's physical enough, but its not his strength. There are times where he plays completely on the perimeter and avoids contact because he can play that kind of game against juniors, but I think he uses his physicality more when he's played center because he's required to play less of a perimeter game.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I loved his interview. Confident, smart, and has a good personality. He's got a good head on his shoulders and immense skill.

I've liked him for us at #8 for a long time. If he's there, and Turcotte/Dach aren't I thinks it an easy choice.

From a personality/looks department, he's probably the most marketable top 30 player in this draft. Reminds me of Marner in that regard. If he turns into a good player expect a ton of commercials with him in it, especially if he makes it to a bigger market team.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
If anyone is going to go the way of EP it’s going to be this guy. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go in the 3-5 range. I remember EP wasn’t really thought of as a top 5 pick in 2017 until the actual draft either.

Zegras’ ceiling is that of a superstar, I’m hoping the Avs take either him or Byram at 4. I actually think I would rather take Zegras than Turcotte.

Reactions: CairneBloodhoof

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Am I the only one who is thinking that Zegras is starting to get overrated? I see a good player with above average skills, but lacking aggressiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia