C Trevor Zegras (2019, 9th, ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Does this guy move his feet well when time and space are limited against high level competition.

Based on highlights it was the one thing that stuck out as a potential issue. He really likes to glide out there.

Great passing, awareness, edges and handles though. If he develops physically (he looks pretty physically immature) I won’t be that surprised if he ends up as the best forward from this draft five to six years from now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Very little chance that those 4 players 3-6.

Cozens could fall outside top-10 and Dach outside top-15.

That may be your personal opinion of where they should be drafted, but NHL GM’s opinions were voiced on the McKenzie list. I think there’s a slight chance that one of the NTDP players will take one of the 3-6 spots, otherwise I think it’ll be those four in the 3-6 spots.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
absolutely zero chance that RH offensive centers with size will slip out of the top 8. Just look at Barrett Hayton picked 5th last year.

Reactions: B33K33PING

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Yeah and Nylander went before Brown. Your argument is just not valid.

Centers and defenceman are valued higher in the league, it doesn't necessarily mean that a team will draft every center or defenceman first without evaluating them first but it doesn't negate the fact that centers and defenceman are highly coveted over wingers.

shotvalley

Jan 18, 2010
Centers and defenceman are valued higher in the league, it doesn't necessarily mean that a team will draft every center or defenceman first without evaluating them first but it doesn't negate the fact that centers and defenceman are highly coveted over wingers.

You were talking about zero chance.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Zegras is super flashy, really good hands. Likes to handle the puck & of course great passing+vision. But I wonder how his game will translate.

He's more of a perimeter player, & he's not much of a threat to shoot. He seems to lean towards making the flashy play more often than not.

Personally I have Newhook ahead. Good playmaker aswell, but a better scorer & not as much of a perimeter player.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Really hoping this kid is an Av if we're going to try to solve our longterm 2c hole with #4. Thankfully his longer timeline should prevent the Hawks from taking him 3rd, so Joe will have the opportunity to do the right thing.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
This is who I hope falls to 11. I have wanted him on the flyers for a while. Perfect prospect to replace giroux and his passing skill in the future.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
He should be taken by pick 4, I say this every year and will love to revisit this one to see who is right, but he just has to much skill, hopefully the correctable negatives some discredit him for means he somehow makes it to 10 where van is picking. Not a good chance that happens, but it is possible. His rankings are all over the map, from 4 to 12 on some lists.

Reactions: CairneBloodhoof

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He should be taken by pick 4, I say this every year and will love to revisit this one to see who is right, but he just has to much skill, hopefully the correctable negatives some discredit him for means he somehow makes it to 10 where van is picking. Not a good chance that happens, but it is possible. His rankings are all over the map, from 4 to 12 on some lists.

I dunno about that. I feel like the hawks would pick Turcotte over him if they go C, because he'll be ready sooner...and they could go with Byram at #3 to. I'd pick him (or Pod) 3rd, but he should be available at #4 come draft night.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Saw this today and it made me think of this:

Kid tries a lot of cheeky stuff, but so did some of the greats... he is a very polarizing player to rank for me.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
My only question is if he goes before, or after, Cozens and Dach. I'd wager they'll be 4/5/6 in some order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad