DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Man that pass was
tenor.gif

Silkytentacles

Mar 9, 2021
Oregon
Kids special has the Skill, Iq and poise. Wish they woulda started him in the beginning so I could have a chance to win my Calder bet. Kids legit

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Not to take away from that pass, it was ok, but I don't think anything spectacular. But there was a much better play earlier in the game where he made a filthy move between his legs and then made a beautiful no-look backhand pass to a teammate in the slot for a grade-A scoring chance. I think had it resulted in a goal it would have been all over the highlight reels. One of the most creative plays I've seen in the NHL so far this year.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I think he's already burned a year off his ELC and sending him down doesn't make much sense. Going down to San Diego and dominating isn't going to help him as much as learning on the job in the NHL is.

It's 7 games now I believe, so the next game triggers the year of elc

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
It's 7 games now I believe, so the next game triggers the year of elc

Noted.

That said, after seeing him play last night I don't think sending him to the AHL is the best path for his development. Much like with Bjornfot for the Kings (some of our fans were worried about the year off ELC), you can't base these decisions off a contract expiring in a couple of years. They are both NHL players and the best path of development is competing against other NHL'ers both in games and in practice.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Not to take away from that pass, it was ok, but I don't think anything spectacular. But there was a much better play earlier in the game where he made a filthy move between his legs and then made a beautiful no-look backhand pass to a teammate in the slot for a grade-A scoring chance. I think had it resulted in a goal it would have been all over the highlight reels. One of the most creative plays I've seen in the NHL so far this year.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
He’s been great. But he strikes me as a winger. There were many who thought he would always end up at wing. HOpe they don’t push him to play C just because they need one long term. Unless he proves capable. But he could be an outstanding LW. Playmaking off the charts but think he will score goals too.

Last edited:

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Fun player to watch. But funny much leash you get (from hfboards) when you're not a top pick.

In a way it makes sense... a #1 pick is a much bigger asset. Not every franchise gets those. When you're talking about the bottom of the top 10, you are (theoretically) looking for a guy that's the 7-10th best player in the draft. Realistically, a high end 2nd liner/low end 1st liner is a good pickup at that spot.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I thought he was very good in the first game against the Kings (one of the best players on the ice) and in the second game I thought he was very bad (one of the worst players on the ice). The Kings played more physical against him in the 2nd game and he wilted. That is something he is going to have to adjust to as a finesse player

Reactions: brakeyawself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad