C Trevor Zegras (2019, 9th, ANA) Part 2

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yep, that’s a great example of it. I feel like he went from muffin to legit one-timer in one off season
Yeah, he certainly worked on the one-timers. But he can now shoot it very decently from anywhere. His puck skills (which are average, of course) and IQ helps him to get creative of when and where he wants to shoot it. And yeah, there's a bit more power behind it.
I'm sure Verbeek will put him on the strenght and protein diet in the summer, lol. Excited to see what will come next year.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I remember so many scouts and people ripping on his shot pre draft. I always thought it was a bit over exaggerated. In my eyes he had good mechanics and accuracy on his shot. He just had to shoot more and get a bit more power behind it. Tbf his shot now is better than what I anticipated lol.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I remember so many scouts and people ripping on his shot pre draft. I always thought it was a bit over exaggerated. In my eyes he had good mechanics and accuracy on his shot. He just had to shoot more and get a bit more power behind it. Tbf his shot now is better than what I anticipated lol.
He really did not show his shot that much and there was little evidence of it.
Thing with Zegras is, he is eating whatever is thrown at him. It's hard to describe, but he is able to adapt quickly – playing center, shooting, and more. Much of it has to do, I'm sure, with his smartness and already existing tools, plus work ethic.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It's interesting to read the recent posts profiling and assessing his skills and what he will need to work on. It reads very similar to how Jack Hughes was talked about before his breakout. The whole thing from the working on the shot to the progression of the defensive game to the compete level and willingness to work on any weakness in their games. It's really remarkable how similar the development path has been for them. Anaheim has an excellent player and the fans can be justifiably excited about his potential. I understand that he and Hughes are friends and I don't doubt they will push each other to achieve their potential.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This will be my last post in here; graduated. What a season, every single game it seemed like he made a play that made your brain question how.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2