C Trevor Zegras (2019, 9th, ANA) Part 2

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Not exactly...but this is the game-worn jersey Zegras gave to me...

original.jpg
original.jpg
original.jpg

just wanted to bump this to the top due to how f’n awesome it is.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
obviously love this guy, but what cemented it for me was before he ever played a game for the ducks......the stones to call out "the greatest canadian WJC" team (i dont say that to start a debate, that is exactly what was said about that team AT THAT TIME), and then to go out and have the game he did, as well as win MVP was insane......that canadian team pumped every team they played and zegras called his shot.....UNREAL

He might have been right too. That Canadian team might have been Canada's most talented U20 team top to bottom ever. One game winner take all anything can happen, maybe not so much in a best of seven. Anyway apologies this thread is about Zegras.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
obviously love this guy, but what cemented it for me was before he ever played a game for the ducks......the stones to call out "the greatest canadian WJC" team (i dont say that to start a debate, that is exactly what was said about that team AT THAT TIME), and then to go out and have the game he did, as well as win MVP was insane......that canadian team pumped every team they played and zegras called his shot.....UNREAL

i feel like that got really taken outta context by the canadian media...i loved the confidence he had in the interview but never understood how it got turned into him putting down the canadian team. if anything the questions to him were kinda condescending - one was essentially this canadian team is so loaded and good do you think you even belong on the same ice as them...all he said was he didnt think theyd been tested and his team was playing well and well see how it goes. seems pretty reasonable to say the teams theyd run over werent his and they felt good going in. the other answer that canadians took great offense to was in response to a question along the lines of their goalie is unbeatable do you think you have any chance to score...not sure how it was taken as disrespectful for him to respond he hadnt played his team yet - not like he put the kid down in any way just. if anything the response by the canadian media and fanbase was disrespectful. the fact he didnt stand there and talk about how they had no chance to win or even score against canada was viewed as him being arrogant and disrespectful.

the kid is easily my favorite young guy to watch. the fact he has the skill level he does but also serious competitiveness is awesome. his attitude also makes him very easy to like and is a great thing for the nhl.

ps that canadian team was insanely loaded.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He actually kinda did something like that in the AHL last year on a breakaway. Was posted in this thread somewhere

Instead of using his backhand he used more of the toe of his stick like he does when you zorro.

I'm sure he will try cleaner versions in the future.

Man, he was TOYING in the AHL when he went there after the juniors, with all the speculation of him not being ready for pro's (was also my concern). There was that ridiculous shootout goal where even Teemu was sharing the goal on Insta and asking Ducks to recall him, and Z's reaction on the ice was just like ''meh'' :laugh:

Pretty cool video here.

I think Ducks Facebook had a 11 min version of this. But great attitude from Z

just wanted to bump this to the top due to how f’n awesome it is.
Amazing

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
A lot of dark years for the Ducks recently, but DAMN is it nice to be a fan now. I usually fell a sleep after a period or two watching from Finland a year ago, but now I'm excitedly waiting for this dude, Terry and Drysdale play. Dark times were worth it.
We had a few rough years after being contenders for a long time. I’m grateful we are exciting again this fast, takes a lot of teams longer to get back then it looks like it’s going to take us.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He just tied the rookie scoring race with 4 games in hand. I do believe that Seider is still the favorite, but I think Z is shrinking that gap. One thing I've noticed is that Z barely gets any ''easy assists''. He can make great plays throughout the game and be scoreless, and next game if he gets points, he's usually really the driving force of that play. He is leading the primary assists category among rookies.

upload_2022-2-23_10-38-40.png

Great performance by Bunting, Lundell, and Mercer as well. This is a solid crop of rookies this year.
Drysdale has been phenomenal at times, but he has not find a way how to materialize it well, at least yet.

Attachments

• upload_2022-2-23_10-35-59.png
    upload_2022-2-23_10-35-59.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Still think the Calder is Seider's to lose (despite what the NHL panel thinks)...but Z is just fun.

Could go either way. I think it's between Seider and Zegras at this point if this pace continues. Seider has established himself as a Top pairing D, but Zegras is turning heads to what he is doing and he is producing like a 1C, with not the best ideal line-mates this season.

Reactions: Kalv

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Yeah, he's missed 5 or 6 games due to injury, so not in hand. But still impressive to be leading with less games. To beat Seider he's proabably gonna need to outscore him by 10-15 pts.

Also he is so dominant at the shootout it's crazy. He is 6/8 on the season and 7/10 in his career.

Reactions: Vipers31 and bsu

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Yeah, he's missed 5 or 6 games due to injury, so not in hand. But still impressive to be leading with less games. To beat Seider he's proabably gonna need to outscore him by 10-15 pts.

Also he is so dominant at the shootout it's crazy. He is 6/8 on the season and 7/10 in his career.

It's kind of funny because normally I would say the player in the large market obviously has the advantage, but I would also say the flashy player that has highlights all over the place has the advantage.

Honestly though, I don't care at all if Zegras wins the calder. I care way more about how successfully the Ducks and the NHL marketing promotes Zegras then him winning a trophy. I kind of hope Seider wins just so Detroit fans don't hate Zegras for the next 15 years for no reason.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
It's kind of funny because normally I would say the player in the large market obviously has the advantage, but I would also say the flashy player that has highlights all over the place has the advantage.

Honestly though, I don't care at all if Zegras wins the calder. I care way more about how successfully the Ducks and the NHL marketing promotes Zegras then him winning a trophy. I kind of hope Seider wins just so Detroit fans don't hate Zegras for the next 15 years for no reason.
We’re gonna have a good reason to hate him, and that reason will be him scoring highlight reel goals on us for 15 years

just not agaisnt Seider :p

Reactions: Arthuros
Apr 14, 2009
Canada

Zegras is such a likeable player, Wings fans won't hate on him for 15 years, even if he does win it over big Mo.

But for the next 2 months, he can **** off ;)

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Tanner Jeannot is better. An all around hockey player. Will not shy away from massive collisions and can score goals.
You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the league that would trade Zegras for Jeannot. I quite like Jeannot but come on.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl

At this point I'm just having fun with it and trying not to take anything that seriously. Just a couple of teams that have some good young players to look forward to, and we have had some busts for a while now so getting Seider and Raymond in the same season has made some of us a little crazy.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the league that would trade Zegras for Jeannot. I quite like Jeannot but come on.
I mean - yeah - Tanner went undrafted. So it is in nobody’s interest to pay attention to what he is doing. Makes the league look super dumb. But had he been drafted and taken by a ‘traditional’ hockey market, the media machine would be cramming his goals down our throats.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I mean - yeah - Tanner went undrafted. So it is in nobody’s interest to pay attention to what he is doing. Makes the league look super dumb. But had he been drafted and taken by a ‘traditional’ hockey market, the media machine would be cramming his goals down our throats.
I never said anything bad about him and I didn't suggest that I hadn't watched him play. you're probably just the only person that thinks he's better than Zegras.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Kinda like your purpose for posting in this thread?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad