C Trevor Zegras (2019, 9th, ANA) Part 2

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
Wanted the Canucks to draft him in 2019, but unfortunately the Ducks selected him prior to the Canucks' pick at 10th overall. What a talent this guy is. The Ducks fans are so lucky to be able to watch the magic that this guy puts on in every single game.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Shit makes you think how'd he fall to 9.

He didn't just get this good over the last two and a half years.

This is next level skill that even the biggest "boom bust" prospects don't display.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
What are the odds he gets a goal in his career that to some capacity utilizes a Zorro? Wether that be for the shot or stick handle.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
What are the odds he gets a goal in his career that to some capacity utilizes a Zorro? Wether that be for the shot or stick handle.
He actually kinda did something like that in the AHL last year on a breakaway. Was posted in this thread somewhere

Instead of using his backhand he used more of the toe of his stick like he does when you zorro.

I'm sure he will try cleaner versions in the future.

Reactions: bsu and GunnarStahl

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
He actually kinda did something like that in the AHL last year on a breakaway. Was posted in this thread somewhere

Instead of using his backhand he used more of the toe of his stick like he does when you zorro.

Yeah I remember that one, it was quite amazing, however I would classify that more as a chip rather than a zorro.

Reactions: bsu

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022

Interestingly enough, I believe Trevor used the toe of his stick as a means to roll his shaft off of the opposing stick lift

If thats the case then thats a level of attention to detail that is absolutely disturbing, to be honest lol

Reactions: lwvs84 and bsu

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Interestingly enough, I believe Trevor used the toe of his stick as a means to roll his shaft off of the opposing stick lift

If thats the case then thats a level of attention to detail that is absolutely disturbing, to be honest lol
I never seen a player receive passes at full speed, at any directions, any part of his body like he does. He's so damn crafty with his stick and feet someone could throw him a full ice sauce pass and he'd receive it somehow at full speed without missing a beat.

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
I never seen a player receive passes at full speed, at any directions, any part of his body like he does. He's so damn crafty with his stick and feet someone could throw him a full ice sauce pass and he'd receive it somehow at full speed without missing a beat.
If he had his good buddy Jack Hughes' skating prowess, he'd be a candidate for a generational player in my opinion.

And if Jack had Trevor's creativity with his handling, he wouldn't be far off from McDavid with the puck.

But even then, both players are expected to be top end offensive talents for years to come. Im sure they'll have fun competing against each other, as well.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
If he had his good buddy Jack Hughes' skating prowess, he'd be a candidate for a generational player in my opinion.

And if Jack had Trevor's creativity with his handling, he wouldn't be far off from McDavid with the puck.

But even then, both players are expected to be top end offensive talents for years to come. Im sure they'll have fun competing against each other, as well.
He doesn't have elite end speed/acceleration but he has elite agility, edges and skating deception.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
A lot of dark years for the Ducks recently, but DAMN is it nice to be a fan now. I usually fell a sleep after a period or two watching from Finland a year ago, but now I'm excitedly waiting for this dude, Terry and Drysdale play. Dark times were worth it.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
obviously love this guy, but what cemented it for me was before he ever played a game for the ducks......the stones to call out "the greatest canadian WJC" team (i dont say that to start a debate, that is exactly what was said about that team AT THAT TIME), and then to go out and have the game he did, as well as win MVP was insane......that canadian team pumped every team they played and zegras called his shot.....UNREAL

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He's a cocky/confident, creative, pesty, competitive SOB.

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad