C Tim Stützle (2020, 3rd, OTT) Part 2

TSJS2020

Jan 6, 2021
Raymond can´t play in NHL because according to SHL rule he must play for whole year till his loan expire, same with Seider and Holtz.
I watched Raymond in the WJC with a pretty good amount of talent around him, that boi is far from NHL ready. He was nowhere near Stutzle caliber even in that tournament. Germany was trash and Stutzle was still names the tournament’s top forward even with the US winning gold and D+2 Zegras winning tournament MVP

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Posted this last week:

Perhaps I’m wrong, but at the time he did not look good at all. Last couple of games, he’s looked pretty good, especially last night. That three line pass was amazing.

That being said, he’s still not really doing much to tilt the ice.

The first two games in Vancouver were pretty tough for him. That said he has been getting better every game, he has been getting the puck more, making plays with the puck more and seems more sure of himself in the defensive zone. He has the ability to play in the NHL and as long as his game keeps growing, there is absolutely no reason for him not to be in the NHL.

You mention him being sheltered and while Ottawa has been on a road trip. His most common opponents vs Edm were the top two lines and d pairings. vs MTL it the 2nd and 3rd line as well as the 2nd and 3rd pairing.

I really don't understand your angle here. Sure he has parts of his game that could use improvement but as long as he shows he can get better while playing in the NHL, why not have him there?

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I watched Raymond in the WJC with a pretty good amount of talent around him, that boi is far from NHL ready. He was nowhere near Stutzle caliber even in that tournament. Germany was trash and Stutzle was still names the tournament’s top forward even with the US winning gold and D+2 Zegras winning tournament MVP
Can you please for ef sake show me the comment where i said Raymond is on Stutzle level?

Reactions: Tetsuo and bert

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Posted this last week:

Perhaps I’m wrong, but at the time he did not look good at all. Last couple of games, he’s looked pretty good, especially last night. That three line pass was amazing.

That being said, he’s still not really doing much to tilt the ice.

Umm what?

Hes been the Sens best forward the past 3 games, his compete level is kff the charts and he is consistently backchecking all the time.

Did you see his shot block the other day?

Does he need refinement in his positioning in the D zone? Sure but he's 18 so no worries.

Kid is a stud and the only thing holding him back is ice time and crappy linemates.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The first two games in Vancouver were pretty tough for him. That said he has been getting better every game, he has been getting the puck more, making plays with the puck more and seems more sure of himself in the defensive zone. He has the ability to play in the NHL and as long as his game keeps growing, there is absolutely no reason for him not to be in the NHL.

You mention him being sheltered and while Ottawa has been on a road trip. His most common opponents vs Edm were the top two lines and d pairings. vs MTL it the 2nd and 3rd line as well as the 2nd and 3rd pairing.

I really don't understand your angle here. Sure he has parts of his game that could use improvement but as long as he shows he can get better while playing in the NHL, why not have him there?
Also the AHL is a complete mess, teams are only playing a few other teams in a limited season. Who knows what the competition level will even be in the AHL this year. Oh, and the Belleville Senators haven’t even played a game yet as the Canadian AHL openers have been delayed.

But Stutzle would been better off not playing any games rather than playing in the NHL because his defensive numbers have been unimpressive and we can’t have that now.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

TSJS2020

Jan 6, 2021
Can you please for ef sake show me the comment where i said Raymond is on Stutzle level?

Didn’t say you said it but you were insinuating perhaps that Raymond could play in the NHL this year if he could leave Sweden

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Jimmy's looking better and better each game. Seems to be a real good guy too. Wish I could find the interview he gave during the intermission last night online somewhere. He hasn't been taught the standard hockey cliches yet.

Its even funnier that he and his parents are so confused about him getting called Jimmy - in my head their German straightforward/serious attitude and a lack of understanding North American humour makes their confusion that much better.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
He should be in the AHL; some of your own fan base agree with that assessment. He’s a black hole defensively. I know he’s being sheltered.
If your definition of sheltered includes being on the ice with a 3-2 lead in the last minute play, then yes, he's being sheltered. I love it when posters post about something they don't about but act like they do, and it is so blatantly obvious.

Reactions: Kleefeld

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Noticed he's on the top power play unit is the Senators now, while the early standouts Norris and Batherson have been tell relegated (not a knock on them, more of tip of the hat to Stutzle).

Wonder if the next big evolution in his rookie season is him being played at C? Personally I don't see anything wrong with letting him get his feet wet on the wing this year. Important thing is for it him to develop the confidence in his skills. Then he can learn to be an NHL centre.

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Why would you send Tim to the AHL. He is doing fine and getting Icetime in the NHL.
Of course his performances are not consistant and he makes mistakes, but also shows what he is capable off.
Why not challange him - not like the Senators are competitive this season.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
He should have probably 8 more assists by now if he had talent around him.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
I suspect the Sens will tease him out at center, perhaps even in the next month. But I don't think it's imminent.

He is still losing more than his share of 1-on-1 battles and figuring out when to challenge a D in the open ice versus use his mates, and he is also a little too cute in his own zone at times in trying to make a clever pass versus clearing the puck, but this is all about his development as an elite player. Smith has loved the way he has played overall, so he isn't going anywhere. Despite those parts of the game he's still figuring out, he is demonstrating night in and night out he is one of our best offensive players. He really should have a bushel more assists at this point given the setups he's made. He is playing well defensively, working hard and creating turnovers in the neutral zone consistently more than most other forwards. It's hard not to love watching him, even when he makes mistakes. Given his style and explosiveness with he puck, it's easy to overlook that his vision and touch passes might just be his best skill. You really need to watch him several games to get a full appreciation for that aspect of his game.

I suspect you'll see a few more trades by the Sens in the next month or so, including the trading of a center or two (Stepan, for example) at which point Stutzle will get some time at center before the end of the year. But I suspect a guy like Logan Brown will get a look at center first. For now, Stutzle is playing great as one of our top LWers and there is no urgent need to experiment with him at center yet. That will come.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Just imagining Stutzle at C carving up all that open ice, the guy eats space before people even realize it. I think getting him off the wall might make him think more and make even more mistakes but with how much he'll be the focal point he'll get to use his skating and creativity even more as well. That's the kind of player and character you let make mistakes and learn from them, especially in a year like this.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
Just imagining Stutzle at C carving up all that open ice, the guy eats space before people even realize it. I think getting him off the wall might make him think more and make even more mistakes but with how much he'll be the focal point he'll get to use his skating and creativity even more as well. That's the kind of player and character you let make mistakes and learn from them, especially in a year like this.

Yeah, a lot to like about him as a center. He is so good with tight turns and his first few steps, that it's hard not to imagine he has the skillset to be a great center with a bit more open ice. He is also has the motor for it, and is really more of a dishman than sniper long-term, so I feel he will make the move in the next year or so. If you asked me two months ago, I'd say he was more than likely to end up at wing. But having watched just 10 NHL games or so, you can see he has tremendous potential to make a bigger impact as a pivot.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I don't know if I'm being too hard on him because of what I think his ultimate projection is but he's been looking less confident and assertive. Though this is more a critique of the talent Ottawa has surrounded him with. Feels like we only have two top 6 talents in the roster and both are complimentary 2nd liners rather than play drivers.

At this moment it would be more fun to see what he could do in the DEL rather than being checked to death and play on lines with players he can't rely on.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
I don't know if I'm being too hard on him because of what I think his ultimate projection is but he's been looking less confident and assertive. Though this is more a critique of the talent Ottawa has surrounded him with. Feels like we only have two top 6 talents in the roster and both are complimentary 2nd liners rather than play drivers.

At this moment it would be more fun to see what he could do in the DEL rather than being checked to death and play on lines with players he can't rely on.

This take is extremely strange. I do not at all agree. Fortunately neither does our management. He is literally one of our best players right now and he's as raw as he can be. DEL ? Terrible take is terrible

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
This take is extremely strange. I do not at all agree. Fortunately neither does our management. He is literally one of our best players right now and he's as raw as he can be. DEL ? Terrible take is terrible

I know he's one of our best players. It's just not ideal for him to be in a situation where he has to be the best already. He should have players he can rely on and play off, or he should be in a league where he can dominant himself.

He's a special talent so I doubt it will matter too much in the long run. It's just nitpicking.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011

He's very much like Barzal/McDavid in that regard, where as his speed and shiftiness gives him so much open ice for transitioning/zone entries.

Personally I can't wait to see him in 2 years playing C where he can have a bigger impact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad