C Tim Stützle (2020, 3rd, OTT) Part 2

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He stays in Ottawa full time...Kid is learning,but is also showing why everyone knew he would be a dynamic player

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
He blocks shots, scores goals, sets up plays, skates real fast. Two points tonight and he’s looking more and more confident. The skill is just incredible, really dynamic player already.

so glad we didn’t get Byfield

Reactions: jibbz

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
He looked good in both games vs the Oilers. His high end skill is clearly there. Would look better with a bit more support around him.

TSJS2020

Jan 6, 2021
He looked good, too bad he has to play with Sens players.

yes, he is playing with absolute dead weights in Teirney and some trash ass role players and a team with ZERO structure and direction. Individualy he has shown that he is the most dangerous guy on the team even with 3 out of their 4 best players on the Tkatchuck line. This guy would be an instant star on a team that knows what they are doing.

TSJS2020

Jan 6, 2021
This kid has it, you just have that feeling that he’ll be a special player. Some guys have that certain swagger.
All the more credit to him on that embarrassing team. I am not sure why they loaded up on soft and slow trash ass vets like Stephan that bring absolutely nothing to a hockey team other than salary. That should be something to get fired for. Murray’s been a disaster as well as their backup meaning their coaching and defense has been a disaster as well.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
I really like the fact he hasn't even flinched in celebrating either of those goals in those last two games. Both games out of reach, so already adhering to the Brady Tkachuk school of celebration. No time to celebrate, boys - Jimmy does, as Brady does.

He is losing a good number puck battles still as he gets used to the strength of NHL players (and their speed). But his pace, motor and playmaking have been really evident. Should have a bucket of assists based on his setups, and they are just starting use him more on the PP given his passing. I actually think his goals v assists are a bit of anomaly right now. He's really only shooting on really high % chances, and has been much more of a dishman. He'll finish these season with a lot more assists than goals IMO, despite his current production (his shooting % is 33% which won't last, obviously).

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
looking forward to seeing him live thursday, haven't caught too many sens games this year but will be interesting to see how he looks against our Defense and Price

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I dont think anyone here is really surprised by him,everyone saw him and knew he was going to be a very good player..

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I really like the fact he hasn't even flinched in celebrating either of those goals in those last two games. Both games out of reach, so already adhering to the Brady Tkachuk school of celebration. No time to celebrate, boys - Jimmy does, as Brady does.

He is losing a good number puck battles still as he gets used to the strength of NHL players (and their speed). But his pace, motor and playmaking have been really evident. Should have a bucket of assists based on his setups, and they are just starting use him more on the PP given his passing. I actually think his goals v assists are a bit of anomaly right now. He's really only shooting on really high % chances, and has been much more of a dishman. He'll finish these season with a lot more assists than goals IMO, despite his current production (his shooting % is 33% which won't last, obviously).

Agreed on all points. You can tell he is ready to be a very good PP player and, as guys start to anticipate his feeds, he will start stacking apples. Can't blame Norris for not scoring off of Stutz's sweet cross ice feed on the PP last night, it happens that way more often than not, but when he starts doing that one or twice or three times a game, they'll start going in at a rate higher than the league average sh% - that much I'm confident of. And while his personal shooting percentage is really high, his on-ice shooting percentage is a paltry 5.9% - even lower than our teams paltry 7.7% (league-average is 9.9%). He is a guy who will outperform his teams oiSH% throughout his career, and I suspect that will start to be the case sooner rather than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad