GDT: c @ sl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Inside my head a battle wages where the rational me is chasing around the gullible Blues fan me with an axe because he thinks Pietrangelo is saving it for the playoffs like Doughty.

#runonsentences4life

That's the eternal high school loser guy. The one who helps tutor the cheerleader or whatever because he think that this time she'll notice him.

It's difficult to silence that guy. His starry-eyed optimism is both eternal and annoying as hell.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
So says Canuckpower. This idiot will be screaming at his TV when AP gives his induction speech.

"He's overrated!" "I watched him play twice and Im not impressed!"

You should see what they say about him at the Asylum. The ability to assess defensive skill is an uncommon one apparently.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
I agree on Jaskin. He needs to be here full time.

MPS, I really don't know where he fits (he doesn't) and I never really knew after we traded for him either.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range

MPS, I really don't know where he fits (he doesn't) and I never really knew after we traded for him either.

Thing is, MPS might be fine at some point but it's going to take time to completely reprogram him and you need a team capable of taking the time and effort.
Blues can't, other teams who do have room for him will rely on him too much.

Blues traded for him because Armstrong couldn't figure out a way to pry the 2015 first out of Edmonton.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

I don't see him bumping lindstom, but he is ahead of MPS. But I wouldn't want jaskin sitting, so I think it's best to go back to chitown

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I severely hope Versteeg gets his warning for that flop in the third. He was absolutely trying to milk it by walking in the locker room and was back almost immediately.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Steen - Backes - Oshie
Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Jaskin - Bergland - Lindstrom
Ott - LaPierre - Reaves

He and Bergland were in beast mode tonight.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Steen - Backes - Oshie
Ott - LaPierre - Reaves

This needs to be the lineup until Stastny gets back.

As for the defense:

Gunnarsson (when he's ready)-Petro
Jbo-Shatty
Jackman-Lindbohm

Cole and Paajarvi belong in the pressbox (or in the case of the former, traded).

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Steen - Backes - Oshie
Ott - LaPierre - Reaves

I'm glad I don't have to be the only Berglund defender around these parts. Dude is not a killer offensive player, but he is an effective hockey player and has looked very good so far this season. Much quicker, damn good defensively, throwing his weight around, and keeping things simple while other guys spin around with pucks in their skates. I was shocked at how he stuck to Sharp the whole way up the ice while Sharp was busting ass. And that puck he flipped around the boards prior to Jaskin's goal was a nice, overlooked play. Instead of holding on to it for too long and flinging it to a Hawk player out of desperation, he read the situation very, very well.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Definitely, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Stastny is back tuesday

What leads you to believe this? Did I miss something?

The earliest he could play is Tuesday but I haven't read anywhere that states he's ready.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Seeing as how the Blues practice facility is at the Mills Mall I think it should be Dawn of the Dead.
Like it, but The Walking Dead is more popular.

Rick as Backes, Darryl as Tarasenko, Glenn as Schwartz, Carol as Lehtera, Tyrese as Reaves, Hershel as Stewart, Maggie as Oshie, Beth as Petro, see if you can figure out the connection.

Last edited:

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
I'm glad I don't have to be the only Berglund defender around these parts. Dude is not a killer offensive player, but he is an effective hockey player and has looked very good so far this season. Much quicker, damn good defensively, throwing his weight around, and keeping things simple while other guys spin around with pucks in their skates. I was shocked at how he stuck to Sharp the whole way up the ice while Sharp was busting ass.

Berglund sucks.
So does Ott.
Oshie too.
Elliott's overrated
Jackman? Yeah him too.
Cole's terrible.
Schwartz is too small.
Etc.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I'm glad I don't have to be the only Berglund defender around these parts. Dude is not a killer offensive player, but he is an effective hockey player and has looked very good so far this season. Much quicker, damn good defensively, throwing his weight around, and keeping things simple while other guys spin around with pucks in their skates. I was shocked at how he stuck to Sharp the whole way up the ice while Sharp was busting ass.

Dude's been lifting. It shows. If we can just get him angry, or focused, or whatever it is that gets him to beast mode during games like this, then we can really rock three strong lines. He's been great with lindstrom, obviously the swede affinity. Jaskin and Lindstrom with the occasional substitute of Steen and Schwartz will make Bergland the player he's most capable of.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Like it, but The Walking Dead is more popular.

Are you going to go with what's more popular? What the populace wants?
You might as well do intros from Nickelback and Taylor Swift for Blackhawk and Penguin games from now until doomsday.

Nay, we want the edgy. The hipster.
We were cool before cool was cool.

Walking dead is for the sheeple. We need to find some Indie movie about malls and zombies with a side of anti-capitalism.
Preferably in French, cause they're deep.

Now where's my PBR? I need something to drink while I listen to a band you haven't heard of yet. Shades of Iron and Wine before they sold out.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Are you going to go with what's more popular? What the populace wants?
You might as well do intros from Nickelback and Taylor Swift for Blackhawk and Penguin games from now until doomsday.

Nay, we want the edgy. The hipster.
We were cool before cool was cool.

Walking dead is for the sheeple. We need to find some Indie movie about malls and zombies with a side of anti-capitalism.
Preferably in French, cause they're deep.

Now where's my PBR? I need something to drink while I listen to a band you haven't heard of yet. Shades of Iron and Wine before they sold out.

For the record, walking dead is a terrible show though.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
What leads you to believe this? Did I miss something?

The earliest he could play is Tuesday but I haven't read anywhere that states he's ready.

It's just my opinion, he didn't act like it was "that" bad, slings off and he's skating. A practice of shooting the puck with no pain and he should be ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad