GDT: c @ sl

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Are you going to go with what's more popular? What the populace wants?
You might as well do intros from Nickelback and Taylor Swift for Blackhawk and Penguin games from now until doomsday.

Nay, we want the edgy. The hipster.
We were cool before cool was cool.

Walking dead is for the sheeple. We need to find some Indie movie about malls and zombies with a side of anti-capitalism.
Preferably in French, cause they're deep.

Now where's my PBR? I need something to drink while I listen to a band you haven't heard of yet. Shades of Iron and Wine before they sold out.
jeff-from-community-winning-at-pool.gif

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Well, my bad. I guess its hipster to dislike the popular just because you cant claim it as your own or as a niche program. I know you are watching anyways.

Im going to throw out my fridge now. Too many people have one. They were only cool when they were scarce. Its cool, got a nice river to cool my beers in. Also, I have an outhouse to use because toilets are all over the place. Now Im just better. Who needs modern? Buck the trends. Computer science are for those that live in the woods and rely on their own survivalism. What a listless way to make a living. I'm being sarcastic.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
As long as we are talking about shows that are far superior to The Walking Dead, I think Walker Texas Ranger deserves a serious mention. I think I've seen every episode at least 5 times

This is what happens when you get on Lindstom's bad side, I assume

tumblr_mbz7mc9yz51rhwedno1_400.gif

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
Ryan Reaves tip in goal 2-1

I don't recall seeing this posted, but the Fox Sports Midwest Crew was given some credit on that goal in the postgame because they were the ones who had that definitive angle with the HD camera to prove it went in.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The Blues were lucky to come away with a win. Hawks could have been up 2-0 within first few minutes of the game easily.

Of all the teams that you would think we would finish about every check on it's the Hawks.

Of all the defenseman in the league one would think we would want to pound on, it would be the Hawks..

There was probably 20+ plays of not finishing checks by the Blues.

As both teams are right now I think the Blues win 2 or 3 out of every 10 played vs Hawks.

I'm going to have to start recording the game with a camera so I can point out the 5-6 stupid things Jackman does every game. Maybe seeing 5-6 things every one of the 82 games it will put an end to people defending his lack of NHL skill by saying "he's a good leader"

Blues are in for a long season

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
The Blues were lucky to come away with a win. Hawks could have been up 2-0 within first few minutes of the game easily.

Of all the teams that you would think we would finish about every check on it's the Hawks.

Of all the defenseman in the league one would think we would want to pound on, it would be the Hawks..

There was probably 20+ plays of not finishing checks by the Blues.

As both teams are right now I think the Blues win 2 or 3 out of every 10 played vs Hawks.

I'm going to have to start recording the game with a camera so I can point out the 5-6 stupid things Jackman does every game. Maybe seeing 5-6 things every one of the 82 games it will put an end to people defending his lack of NHL skill by saying "he's a good leader"

Blues are in for a long season

The Blues were just better than the Hawks for the majority of the game. Jackman and finishing checks were not remotely an issue, it was their inability to keep up their level of overall play in the third period that was scary. Going into a defensive shell against a team like that is playing with fire.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Do you guys know where I could see easily what lineups Hitch used this game. Shift by shift. I found this, but I think its too hard to follow that.

I know Lehterä is ok FO guy, but 62.7% in 6GP is surprisingly good and Jori is leading Blues FO circle. I think it was 2nd period when we got PP and there was lineup where was Backes also playing, but Schwartz was taking FO. Can you guys say what was reason for that?

Code:
		TOT	FO%
Backes	123	50.4%
Lehterä	83	62.7%
Ott		64	46.9%
Stastny	61	54.1%
Berglund	54	51.9%
Lapierre	47	53.2%
Schwartz	19	36.8%
Steen		15	33.3%

Last edited:

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Do you guys know where I could see easily what lineups Hitch used this game. Shift by shift. I found this, but I think its too hard to follow that.

I know Lehterä is ok FO guy, but 62.7% in 6GP is surprisingly good and Jori is leading Blues FO circle. I think it was 2nd period when we got PP and there was lineup where was Backes also playing, but Schwartz was taking FO. Can you guys say what was reason for that?

Code:
		TOT	FO%
Backes	123	50.4%
Lehterä	83	62.7%
Ott		64	46.9%
Stastny	61	54.1%
Berglund	54	51.9%
Lapierre	47	53.2%
Schwartz	19	36.8%
Steen		15	33.3%

They've been focusing a lot more on handedness of the faceoffman this year. If you saw Schwartz taking a faceoff in place of Backes, it was either because Backes was thrown out or they wanted the faceoff won to the left side - probably a left-dot attacking zone faceoff.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
They've been focusing a lot more on handedness of the faceoffman this year. If you saw Schwartz taking a faceoff in place of Backes, it was either because Backes was thrown out or they wanted the faceoff won to the left side - probably a left-dot attacking zone faceoff.

It could have been a set play too.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I'm glad I don't have to be the only Berglund defender around these parts. Dude is not a killer offensive player, but he is an effective hockey player and has looked very good so far this season. Much quicker, damn good defensively, throwing his weight around, and keeping things simple while other guys spin around with pucks in their skates. I was shocked at how he stuck to Sharp the whole way up the ice while Sharp was busting ass. And that puck he flipped around the boards prior to Jaskin's goal was a nice, overlooked play. Instead of holding on to it for too long and flinging it to a Hawk player out of desperation, he read the situation very, very well.
I agree Berglund is not the liability that people make him out. He is a very solid defender, makes simple plays and is good along the boards.

I do wonder if the NTC in his contract that starts next offseason will make him a necessary piece to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad