C Servac Petrovsky - Owen Sound Attack, OHL (2022, 185th, MIN)

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Was expecting him earlier. I am kind of baffled at my Bruins who went center-heavy in this draft and then this kid sits there in the 6th round and they don’t bite.
It almost seems like going to canadian major junior route hurts Slovak draft position, I mean Martin Chromiak was also generally expected to go way earlier than 5th round.
This, developing in Europe is better for Slovaks than Canadian junior route. Impress back home, get a shot in European pro teams as a junior is statistically looking the more better route.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Does anyone know why he dropped so far? From a potential late second round to early 4th to getting picked 6th?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Outstanding first game at the WJC. Best player on the ice in the Czech Republic vs. Slovakia game.

He has always been excellent defensively but flashed his skill set today. Definitely the lowest picked player that should’ve gone in the first 2 rounds.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Leads the WJC in points. Not bad for a 6th rounder

although, I’d assume this stretch of games is what he’ll be best known for in his hockey career
Let’s hope not. I see him as a guy with a Michal Handzus sort of ceiling. Good defensive center who can fill in a scoring role, if necessary (both not great skaters, but smart players otherwise).

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
I read he will go back in the draft. Strange decision not to sign him.
Seems from the Wild board that they have a lot of incoming guys to pro hockey, and probably competition for contract spots.

Petrovsky obviously looked like a legit NHL prospect at the world juniors, but he had a rough season with Owen Sound (as did most of the team). It's hard to say he looked better at 19 than he did at 17.

Still worth a punt for a team on a late draft pick or a free agent contract after that, because his goalscoring and two-way game could both pop once he's out of whatever environment is dragging everyone down in Owen Sound, but he's better off going to a team with more space in the minors.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad