C Servac Petrovsky - Owen Sound Attack, OHL (2022, 185th, MIN)

Mato94

Apr 11, 2020
Bratislava, Slovakia
I haven't found his own thread and I think he deserves one.

Servác Petrovský belongs to the strong Slovak '04 birthyear. He spent the past few seasons in the Czech Republic, started this one with 6 points (3+3) in 8 U20 league games. However, due to the pandemic and Czech youth leagues being stopped, he's returned to Slovakia.

Now he's part of Slovak U18 National Team playing in second tier men's league. He's had a very successful debut in the competiton.

Servác Petrovský at eliteprospects.com

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Honestly, looking at this year's birth, I'm quite looking forward to next year's Hlinka-Gretzky cup. Slovakia could finally be an equal opponent. As for Servac, today he played the left wing but he can also play center ane he is a native goal scorer. From what I saw today and all last season, he shoots from every position and he has a really good shot. Today he had 6 shots, he scored 2 goals but with a little luck he could have scored 4. I am curious about his further development and where he will move next season.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
I haven't found his own thread and I think he deserves one.

Servác Petrovský belongs to the strong Slovak '04 birthyear. He spent the past few seasons in the Czech Republic, started this one with 6 points (3+3) in 8 U20 league games. However, due to the pandemic and Czech youth leagues being stopped, he's returned to Slovakia.

Now he's part of Slovak U18 National Team playing in second tier men's league. He's had a very successful debut in the competiton.

Servác Petrovský at eliteprospects.com

I was also surprised that he has not its own thread. Talented guy with great shot.

Reactions: Mato94

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Today he had 3 assists. So far he has 4 goals and 5 assists in the lower Slovak men's league for 7 matches. Quite good statistics, the league does not have the same level as the highest Slovak men's league, but it is qualitatively at the level of the Austrian Alps Hockey league, where Julian Lutz has similar statistics. Servac is decent skater and he is definitely an interesting player to watch with an excellent shot. He also has the vision and passing skills to find open teammates and create scoring chances. He need continuing to work on his defensive play. Next season, in my opinion, he will go to one of the CHL leagues together with Simon Nemec and Filip Mesar.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
. Next season, in my opinion, he will go to one of the CHL leagues together with Simon Nemec and Filip Mesar.

Don't know how well that approach works right now tbh .I know the CHL has helped produce alot of good Slovak players born in the 70s and 80s but not as much recently and would sort of like to see what would happen if more top Slovak and Czech prospects stayed at home.

Reactions: hellwar9

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Don't know how well that approach works right now tbh .I know the CHL has helped produce alot of good Slovak players born in the 70s and 80s but not as much recently and would sort of like to see what would happen if more top Slovak and Czech prospects stayed at home.

Servac's youth team is HC Presov which is currently inactive and does not play any men's league. The only club that would take him is HK Nitra, but they have enough of their youngsters, so there is no chance. In the Czech Republic, he is a player of the HC Trinec club. But he wouldn't play there, there is a lot of competition. So he would play either "only" the Czech junior league or the lower men's Czech league. Another option is one of the CHL leagues or Scandinavia (Finland / Sweden). I think the CHL leagues are the most realistic for him at the moment, but we'll see.

As for Simon Nemec and Filip Mesar, they confirmed some time ago that they want to go to the CHL leagues next season. During the WJC, it was confirmed from several sides that CHL clubs are interested in them and are also interested in Juraj Slafkovsky, but he will probably remain in Finland to play among men.

Reactions: wings5

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Great season from Petrovsky, seemed to improve every game. It’s a shame that the U18s project was not able to play against U20 teams as that would have allowed skilled guys such as Petrovsky and Zlnka to try more daring moves. I would expect he goes CHL route. If he does, put him alongside set up man and he could be solid goal scorer. He may be best pure goal scorer from 2004 age group.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Drafted to OHL by team Owen Sound Attack and should also move there.
I am curious how he will adjust to north-american style.
Generally he is very skilled player too, after Slaf, Nemec and Mesar I think he has the best chances to be drafted by some NHL team

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Drafted to OHL by team Owen Sound Attack and should also move there.
I am curious how he will adjust to north-american style.
Generally he is very skilled player too, after Slaf, Nemec and Mesar I think he has the best chances to be drafted by some NHL team
Agreed. Although we can’t see what Owen sound players did last year cause of no OHL season, there are a few young guys they had from 19-20 season who may have taken a big step forward. If Servac can play alongside those guys it would be great. This was one of the problems with Cajkovic’s NA experience. Petrovsky should succeed and be given a real shot at making WJC team

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Agreed. Although we can’t see what Owen sound players did last year cause of no OHL season, there are a few young guys they had from 19-20 season who may have taken a big step forward. If Servac can play alongside those guys it would be great. This was one of the problems with Cajkovic’s NA experience. Petrovsky should succeed and be given a real shot at making WJC team

Our GM Dale DeGray indicated on local radio that Petrovsky is a guy that will compete right away for a Top 6 spot on the team. Can definitely pencil him into the Top 9 - and there's tons of opportunity in Owen Sound. Their only returning 2001 forward may not even make the team, and the two 2002 forwards were 4th lines in 2019 and likely not scoring line players. They lost another player to pro in Germany.

It will be a bunch of rookies and the 2nd year 2003 players competing for those spots, so it's really ideal for an offensive player coming to North America looking for at least an opportunity.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Our GM Dale DeGray indicated on local radio that Petrovsky is a guy that will compete right away for a Top 6 spot on the team. Can definitely pencil him into the Top 9 - and there's tons of opportunity in Owen Sound. Their only returning 2001 forward may not even make the team, and the two 2002 forwards were 4th lines in 2019 and likely not scoring line players. They lost another player to pro in Germany.

It will be a bunch of rookies and the 2nd year 2003 players competing for those spots, so it's really ideal for an offensive player coming to North America looking for at least an opportunity.
Yeah I think he will relish the opportunity. I hope potential results don’t discourage him though, I’d say if the team isn’t winning and he’s not scoring a bunch of points. Cajkovic was in a very similar situation with a young Sea Dogs team and it ended up not going as planned. Though 2 different players with 2 different attitudes.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Yeah I think he will relish the opportunity. I hope potential results don’t discourage him though, I’d say if the team isn’t winning and he’s not scoring a bunch of points. Cajkovic was in a very similar situation with a young Sea Dogs team and it ended up not going as planned. Though 2 different players with 2 different attitudes.

The Attack are usually pretty competitive, even in down years, and just based on their returning players, they will have a pretty experienced group on the backend and an older goalie. Obviously tempered expectations for 17 year old imports have to be there since there's an adjustment unless they're blue chip prospects, but I think he'll be fine - most OHL teams will be trying to integrate a ton of new players this year and I think that's a big advantage for imports wanting to mesh with their new teammates.

If he plays with speed, skill, and a bit of grit, which are the typical traits the Attack management looks for, he can get a lot of leeway even if the goals aren't there.

Mato94

Apr 11, 2020
Bratislava, Slovakia
Changing his team to Owen Sound since he has already confirmed he’s going there. I like what I saw from Petrovsky yesterday - he still has a lethal shot and sends a lot of pucks to the opposition net throughout the game. Him, Zlnka and Sykora should make a great 2nd line at the HGC. I’m definitely curious about his progress in his draft year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm very interested in this kid. Has produced everywhere he's been and is on the younger side for this draft.

Can anyone tell me more about him?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3