C Sam Steel - Regina Pats, WHL (2016, 30th, ANA)

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
What's up with Steel? Still scoring at respectable rate, but nowhere near like last year.

Yeah, pretty much what Tryamkin said. Brooks, Leedahl, Hobbs, Wagner, Ahl, Harrison, and Zborovskiy are no longer with the team, and they all finished within the top 11 scorers on the Pats last season. Only Steel, Henry, Leschysyn and Mahura remain from their top 11 scorers last season (and that's from the WHL stats page which totals Mahura's points from last season, he scored 20 in 34 games with the Pats last season). Henry has only played 17 games. Losing Brooks' line definitely hurts, teams can now focus on Steel instead of having essentially 2 first lines to defend against, and he's been without his 2 linemates from last year most of the season. However, they should make some moves soon to acquire some talent since they're hosting the Mem cup, and his numbers should go up (hopefully).

He's still scoring at a 1.3ppg pace, which isn't bad by any stretch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamkin

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Yeah, pretty much what Tryamkin said. Brooks, Leedahl, Hobbs, Wagner, Ahl, Harrison, and Zborovskiy are no longer with the team.
And all of them are struggling in their respective league.

Just to show how much the difference is between junior hockey and a professional league.

Wagner is slowly coming alive after an injury riddled season.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Will he make the jump to the ducks next year? They are currently deep at C but they aren’t gettting any younger .
Tough to say.
He will have to prove himself but if he will play well we will find a place for him. He can start as a winger or Henrique can move to wing.
Personally I expect him needing some AHL time first - I wouldn`t be against it.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I personally think his game is much better suited as a center than a winger. I'd rather give him a year in the AHL than start him as a winger. He needs to be groomed as someone who can help down the middle with Kesler aging and Rakell permanently at wing now

Reactions: Dmang714

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I personally think his game is much better suited as a center than a winger. I'd rather give him a year in the AHL than start him as a winger. He needs to be groomed as someone who can help down the middle with Kesler aging and Rakell permanently at wing now

Let him ease in at center, rotate from the wing to center if needed, injuries of course are inevitable. He definitely has some decent mentors in Getzlaf, Henrique and Kesler to benefit from. I agree he should definitely be a center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad