C Sam Reinhart (2014, 2nd, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
Reinhart and Descheneau have been split up for the playoffs so that the Hitmen can't focus all their defensive efforts on on one. The Hitmen have been doing a good job of matching lines (home ice = last change) through the first two games to shutdown Reinhart. He's almost always facing Helgesen/Virtanen/Twarynski and Kanzig/Harmsworth. Those are essentially the most physical players on the Hitmen team and they've been really good at taking Reinhart off his game.

This has really opened up the ice for Descheneau's line. I've also noticed that the ICE really seem to struggle getting the puck out of their own zone under pressure - if the Hitmen are strong on the forecheck, Reinhart never touches the puck.

All that being said, I've always thought that Reinhart is a very invisible player out there. You never really notice him when you're watching the game, but you look at the stats after and he's got 3 points. As a small guy, he really knows his game and where to be on the ice and picks up the points as a result.
Thanks for the detailed response, much appreciated.

Bps21*

I keep watching that second one..man...Varone was really confident that play was coming back their way.. He took off.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
He looked great with positioning and puck plays last night. You can see how well he plays with talented players. He and Grigorenko were on sync on the PP. His pass to spring Varone from the neutral zone was something. He was skating towards his own zone and hit Varone with a blind backhand pass the other way. His skating (quickness namely) still clearly needs a lot of work unfortunately.

Bonlarvis

Feb 4, 2015
Hamburg NY
Where would Samson Reinhart slot if he were in this years draft?

I would have him 3rd. Curious as to how other people view him.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
3rd or 4th I guess, hard to say between him and Hanifin.

People are underrating him so much. Hockey IQ is really important in the NHL nowaday, and Reinhart has a strooooong hockey IQ.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
I would take him 4th.

1.McDavid
2.Eichel
3.Hanifin
4.Sam Reinhart

He is certainly close to Marner and Strome but I would still slightly favor Reinhart over either.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
6th. His draft year as an 18-year-old was not as good as Strome's or Marner's as a 17-year-old. I would put him a notch below those two. If Hanifin is being flip flopped with Strome and Marner on many lists, then he's probably closer to them than he is to Reinhart. But Reinhart is better than guys like Barzal and Zacha so I'd have him alone in 6th.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
6th. His draft year as an 18-year-old was not as good as Strome's or Marner's as a 17-year-old. I would put him a notch below those two. If Hanifin is being flip flopped with Strome and Marner on many lists, then he's probably closer to them than he is to Reinhart. But Reinhart is better than guys like Barzal and Zacha so I'd have him alone in 6th.

Statistically maybe not, but in terms of being an overall better player I would argue that Reinhart's draft season was better than Strome's. Especially the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad