C Rasmus Kupari - Karpat, Liiga (2018, 20th, LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
He will be a Winger and I haven’t been more excited about a prospect. From everything I’ve heard and read he can become a 60-70 point star.

LoveHateLeafs

Jul 7, 2009
Did something happen in today(yesterday's) Karpat-Pelicans game? According to the Liiga website, Kupari played just 11:05 and Heponiemi played 11:30. Is that what actually happened or is it some error? Seems like a odd use of your #2 and #3 scorers.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
This kid is going to be special . The way he thinks the game and his skill and speed is something the Kings have lacked for a long time . I’m hoping he ends up being as good as Aho for us

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
He is no Teräväinen or Aho but he is still a solid upgrade to Aapeli Räsänen or Kuokkanen when it comes to our recent 1st line center in U20s. He has been so much more noticeable than he was last year.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Hopefully he learns to use his shot better at some point.

Typically he makes a fancy move and gets around the defender but can't get a good shot into into the net. When he actually gets some power behind it, it usually goes high and wide or into the goalies chest.

Also needs to learn when to shoot or pass, shooting after the blueline with no traffic in front seems to be Kupari's move in the offensive zone most of the time.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
He is my favorite King prospect so I hope he ends up being a new modern NHL star. You see the skill there just needs to embrace it more . Exciting

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
He is my favorite King prospect so I hope he ends up being a new modern NHL star. You see the skill there just needs to embrace it more . Exciting
He really is that kind of player that can take over an important game and pot 4-5 points, the skill level on the guy is incredible.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
best player after dahlin/svechnikov

If you're referring to the 2018 draft, Jesperi Kotkaniemi looks like a hockey Einstein if you compare his passing to this guy. Kupari doesn't seem to have much time to check out the passing lanes cause he's busy dangling and trying to beat the opposition defense all by himself. He is great at dangling though, you have to give him that. That often enables him to create a lot of space for himself.

Last edited:

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
If you're referring to the 2018 draft, Jesperi Kotkaniemi looks like a hockey Einstein if you compare his passing to this guy. Kupari doesn't seem to have much time to check out the passing lanes cause he's busy dangling and trying to beat the opposition defense all by himself. He is great at dangling though, you have to give him that. That often enables him to create a lot of space for himself.

i have seen kk live 3 times and endless games
his IQ and reaction for quick/correct passes are insane but with kupari i see a center of gravity and skill that will in the long run create more offence at nhl level

honestly kk would have never made the habs had that organization not been so starved for young talent

with their last #3 having not worked out and not having dafted any top 3 for last 15 yrs( except for galch)

anyways i will repeat kupari for me is a better long term pick

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
i have seen kk live 3 times and endless games
his IQ and reaction for quick/correct passes are insane but with kupari i see a center of gravity and skill that will in the long run create more offence at nhl level

honestly kk would have never made the habs had that organization not been so starved for young talent

with their last #3 having not worked out and not having dafted any top 3 for last 15 yrs( except for galch)

anyways i will repeat kupari for me is a better long term pick
Didnt check the name before reading... makes sense.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
If he continues to put it all together and develops properly he might end up being the biggest steal of the draft and top 3 from his draft class . Let’s Go !

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I'm glad he's doing so well. I remember arguing about his hockey IQ and that he's *not only a speed skater and I think so far he hasn't disappointed at least. Last year I noticed that many of his problems were related to physicality and he was getting knocked down here and there. Of course he's nothing like Aho as far as hockey IQ comes, but it could prove to be above average at the very least and he might just build a solid NHL career for himself.

julkki

Oct 27, 2015
I really liked his efforts in WJC, at times he was the dynamo of the Finnish offence. He really looks like a smart kid and what I most like is his work-ethic and knowledge of parts of his game that he needs to improve.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad