C Rasmus Kupari - Karpat, Liiga (2018, 20th, LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
He's still trying to do it all himself and loses pucks because of it. What he's also doing is proving me wrong, I never thought that he could possess this much offense and he just might develop into a top 6 role after all. Originally I thought he would become a solid top 9 player at the NHL level.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I really liked his efforts in WJC, at times he was the dynamo of the Finnish offence. He really looks like a smart kid and what I most like is his work-ethic and knowledge of parts of his game that he needs to improve.

This is really good to hear because he's raw even if he has the tools--but if he's also self-aware, that bodes well for his future. Looking at what he's doing/producing now even at his age is fantastic, if he's a knowledge sponge to go along with that skillset then I do think his ceiling may be more of an NHL top-sixer.

Is it just me, or is there a little bit of an Ales Hemsky vibe with him? Or is it just my limited exposure to his highlights?

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Returned to the lineup after missing 5 games.

Scored a nice goal after some pretty passing on PP.

Ässät-Kärpät, 2019-02-16, Goal

Pyörälä will miss the rest of the season with knee injury, interesting to see who Kupari and Heponiemi end up playing with. Koblizek played with them today but really doesn't provide the defensive game and size needed for the kids.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
He wasnt definitely very good there though. Quite ok in most games, and even good in some, but definitely not very good in general.
I guess we can say he was very good compared to other 1st line centers we had after Aho and Teräväinen in U20s.

Kupari was a lot less hyped than Kuokkanen was and he clearly outplayed Kuokkanen in there in almost every aspect of the game. And before Kuokkanen we had Aapeli Räsänen who just doesn't make the cut for 1st line center in U20s but you can't really blame him because we didn't have anyone else back then.

Kupari could have had couple more points based on the chances he got and sure, Heponiemi was the main playmaker in that line but I'd give credit for Kupari for being relentless throughout the tournament which showed in like 10 drawn penalties. In the faceoff circle he was among the best in the tournament

In my opinion, Kupari was everything you could have expected from him if you respect what his strengths are.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I guess we can say he was very good compared to other 1st line centers we had after Aho and Teräväinen in U20s.

Kupari was a lot less hyped than Kuokkanen was and he clearly outplayed Kuokkanen in there in almost every aspect of the game. And before Kuokkanen we had Aapeli Räsänen who just doesn't make the cut for 1st line center in U20s but you can't really blame him because we didn't have anyone else back then.

Kupari could have had couple more points based on the chances he got and sure, Heponiemi was the main playmaker in that line but I'd give credit for Kupari for being relentless throughout the tournament which showed in like 10 drawn penalties. In the faceoff circle he was among the best in the tournament

In my opinion, Kupari was everything you could have expected from him if you respect what his strengths are.
I wasn’t trashing him though. I in fact mentioned that he piayed pretty OK in most of the games and even quite well in some games. But I am personally still against calling his play in general very good in that tournament. I have higher expectations for the number one center for any Finnish national team. Thank God the team was so solid in general that very good centers were not needed after all.

Also no use to compare Kupari to Kuokkanen as a center, as Kuokkanen was an apalling center really, and he isn’t even playing as a center anymore. Also Räsänen was never more than a good 3rd line center, and I really doubt he will be more than that in the future.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's still trying to do it all himself and loses pucks because of it. What he's also doing is proving me wrong, I never thought that he could possess this much offense and he just might develop into a top 6 role after all. Originally I thought he would become a solid top 9 player at the NHL level.
You know who else was accused of trying to do it all himself, and giving away pucks? Barzal.

Reactions: Tube Skates

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
You know who else was accused of trying to do it all himself, and giving away pucks? Barzal.
That's great. There's no correlation for Kupari to turn out like Barzal has.

And when I say that he holds onto pucks, he really does. At times I counted 10-20 seconds in every shift. He's been significantly better in that aspect and routinely is pressing the play now.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That's great. There's no correlation for Kupari to turn out like Barzal has.

Why not? Go back and look at the Barzal threads. He was being criticized more than Kupari. It might not be great for the team he is on now, but handling the puck that much in game situations is exactly what you want a player to do to develop skill.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Why not? Go back and look at the Barzal threads. He was being criticized more than Kupari. It might not be great for the team he is on now, but handling the puck that much in game situations is exactly what you want a player to do to develop skill.
Your argument would be sound if you would actually follow the prospect like I do. He plays in my favorite team and I catch most games. There aren't many similarities with Barzal yet. The defenders in Liiga aren't exactly top notch..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad