C Rasmus Kupari - Karpat, Liiga (2018, 20th, LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Even aside from the goals, these last 3 games have been by far the best Kupari has played in Liiga so far. Finally his moves are starting to work, instead of losing the puck after a crappy toe drag in every other shift.

He's been pretty good in the corner battles and on the defensive end too.

Report from today's game by Finnprospects: Rasmus Kupari | FinnProspects.com

Goal at 1:05 Videokooste: Kärpät - Tappara 24.10.2018

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Well, in my opinion his hockey IQ isn't anything mind blowing. Seems more like a work horse type of player to me. Reminds me a bit of Kapanen, not as quick but a great skater, still.
You point out his skating but his speed is his biggest asset.

I also constantly get the feeling you talk about Kupari, as he was a top 10 pick.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Oh, maybe that's why i compared him to Kapanen and called him a great skater?
We started with a future 3rd liner...fine.

Than we had bad hockey IQ...okay i can understand that too,

You pointed out his shot need to be better...well okay, most prospects should improve that area...i agree again

Kupari is incredibly fast but even than....not as fast as Kapanen...

Seriously, what is your issue ?

You constantly act like a negative nancy

Kapanen #22OA
Kupari #20OA
yes i know that but dont understand what you mean.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
We started with a future 3rd liner...fine.

Than we had bad hockey IQ...okay i can understand that too,

You pointed out his shot to be better...well okay, most prospects should improve that area...i agree again

Kupari is incredibly fast but even than....not as fast as Kapanen...

Seriously, what is your issue ?

You constantly act like a negative nancy
I said he's a great skater. I also compared him to a pretty good NHL level player. It takes some skilled mind bending to spin those things as negatives.

One thing you have to understand is that nobody is here to tell absolute truths. Everyone has their own opinions and views about the players and the game. And nobody really knows how these kids develop. If you want to form your own opinion about a player, i suggest you watch him.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I think most can read between the lines.

You dont need a skilled mind for that.
Is he as fast as Kapanen? No

Is his shot accurate? No

Does his IQ blow anyone away? I doubt it

Those are the things I've stated. The rest is up to your own imagination. I like to approach these prospects from the perspective of what they could do better/improve, because a lot of the posts are just "Kupari scored two goals today, so that's good", which tells absolutely nothing.

If you want to know what he's good at...like i said he's a great skater, has good work morale and goes to the dirty areas. He's also pretty good on the dot (50% for this season, which is good for a 19 year old).

I don't think he cannot be a top 6 player in the NHL, but i think top 9 is a lot more realistic projection right now.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Is he as fast as Kapanen? No

Is his shot accurate? No

Does his IQ blow anyone away? I doubt it

Those are the things I've stated. The rest is up to your own imagination. I like to approach these prospects from the perspective of what they could do better/improve, because a lot of the posts are just "Kupari scored two goals today, so that's good", which tells absolutely nothing.

If you want to know what he's good at...like i said he's a great skater, has good work morale and goes to the dirty areas. He's also pretty good on the dot (50% for this season, which is good for a 19 year old).

I don't think he cannot be a top 6 player in the NHL, but i think top 9 is a lot more realistic projection right now.
Why should he be a top 6 player anyway ? 19 players were picked before him. Now that is exactly what I mean.

Heck, i like the approach of what they could do better and should improve instead of what we see all the time here. Yet dont act like like a complete **** now after he scored two goals tonight. You rather repeat again what you have said a dozen times in this topic already.

He is 18 btw.

People posted he scored two more goals today. What a shame.

Last edited:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Why should he be a top 6 player anyway ? 19 players were picked before him. Now that is exactly what I mean.

Heck, i like the approach of what they could do better and should improve but dont act like like a complete **** now after he scored two goals tonight. You rather repeat again what you have said a dozen times in this topic already.

People posted he scored two more goals today. The horror.
Okay, so, wait. I said that i think he'll be a 3rd liner / top 9 player in the NHL if something, and you're asking me why he should be a top 6 player? Do you even know what your point is?

What do you think teams look for in a 20th pick? You think they go "OH well we got a good work horse in him, a PK player, probably 3rd-4th liner tops"? Naah, I'm fairly sure they go for the player that in their eyes has the best potential. So obviously they hope he could be a top 6 guy / top pairing Dman.

A question was asked by Koijari and i gave my opinion. I'm not "repeating" myself for shits and giggles.

I have never said that he should be a top 6 player. But i do think that's what the LA kings would hope for. So again, you're just making stuff up and arguing for the sake of arguing.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Colonel

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
He production has been impressive, but I agree that his strenghts are not his hockey sense but I think he'll be a good forward to have in your middle 6. He is not totally dumb like puljujärvi so he has potential to be a lot more useful player to have on your NHL team. Time will tell what will be his role. I didn't like him that much last year but he definitely has shown that he could have potential to be better than I thought last year. Kapanen may be a good comparison what to expect from him, but we'll see.

Reactions: Paul Maurice

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Well, in my opinion his hockey IQ isn't anything mind blowing. Seems more like a work horse type of player to me. Reminds me a bit of Kapanen, not as quick but a great skater, still.
In fact when comparing Kapanen and Kupari at the same age. Kupari is the quicker and faster skater in my opinion. Of course if you compare Kupari right now to what Kapanen is as a skater, then Kapanen is for sure quicker. But Kupari has still several years to develop his skating to the same level.

Kupari’s limitations for sure come from his at best mediocre hockey IQ. And of course he needs to become still more physical and develop his shot. I still pretty much see him as a future 3rd or 4th liner in the NHL. But if he manages to somehow develop with his hockey IQ, then maybe even better than a 3rd liner, impossible to say for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad