C Peyton Krebs - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2019, 17th, VGK) | Trade to BUF

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Sams already a 65 point player and is just scratching the surface, if Krebs reaches what Sam is now that’s a great pick.

Well most of us watching the WHL thought Sam would be much better than a 65 point player at 23 years old. Most scouts thought Sam would be a much better player then he currently is as well. I understand you are inclined to defend him because you are a Sabres fan but Sam is nowhere near the player most thought he would be at this point. Which was a top flight 1C. Most people thought he'd be at the level Brayden Point currently is.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Sams already a 65 point player and is just scratching the surface, if Krebs reaches what Sam is now that’s a great pick.

Yeah but Krebs is going to be a pick around 8 give or take a couple. At 2nd overall a 65 point winger isnt meeting the expectations everyone had for him. If Krebs becomes as good as Reinhart now thats a good pick later in the top 10 for sure. I dont see the comparison between the 2 though, Reinhart cant come close to Krebs skating and Reinhart seems more cerebral.

I also think Krebs will for sure be a center in the NHL

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah but Krebs is going to be a pick around 8 give or take a couple. At 2nd overall a 65 point winger isnt meeting the expectations everyone had for him. If Krebs becomes as good as Reinhart now thats a good pick later in the top 10 for sure. I dont see the comparison between the 2 though, Reinhart cant come close to Krebs skating and Reinhart seems more cerebral.

I also think Krebs will for sure be a center in the NHL

Yeah Sam just never got that next level of skating a lot of us thought he would have. I remember people thinking he could be a 70+ point two-way 1C in his draft year. I don't think Krebs reaches those heights but a 60+ point winger is definitely reachable for him. I mean that's basically Ehlers, Arvidsson and Nylander in a healthy year who went well below Reinhart. Dylan Larkin and Brayden Point basically became the C's that many thought Reinhart was capable of becoming from that draft.

Krebs has the potential to be a 1C but I think it's very far from a sure thing. I think a 60+ point top 6 all around offensive catalyst that can PK is not out of the realm of possibility for him and probably right in the wheelhouse. That is a damn good player to take out of a top 10 of any draft.

Reactions: Dominance

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah Sam just never got that next level of skating a lot of us thought he would have. I remember people thinking he could be a 70+ point two-way 1C in his draft year. I don't think Krebs reaches those heights but a 60+ point winger is definitely reachable for him. I mean that's basically Ehlers, Arvidsson and Nylander in a healthy year who went well below Reinhart. Dylan Larkin and Brayden Point basically became the C's that many thought Reinhart was capable of becoming from that draft.

Krebs has the potential to be a 1C but I think it's very far from a sure thing. I think a 60+ point top 6 all around offensive catalyst that can PK is not out of the realm of possibility for him and probably right in the wheelhouse. That is a damn good player to take out of a top 10 of any draft.

Hes not a top 3 pick so I'm not going to say that Krebs is gong to be a Point or Larkin but I agree with your analysis. A 60 point guy who can PK and play great defensively is a good projection for him right now I think. I defnitely dont see Krebs as a winger though. He skates too well and plays too strong defensively to be on the wing. At least right now theres no reason to project him as a winger.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hes not a top 3 pick so I'm not going to say that Krebs is gong to be a Point or Larkin but I agree with your analysis. A 60 point guy who can PK and play great defensively is a good projection for him right now I think. I defnitely dont see Krebs as a winger though. He skates too well and plays too strong defensively to be on the wing. At least right now theres no reason to project him as a winger.

I agree. He will get every opportunity to play center in the NHL. It really all depends on where he goes and the C depth of that team. He very well could start out as a winger and move over as well.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
don't mean to offend but i think Sam levels off at 70 point center. But expectations was that he'd be a 90 point center.
still a wicked player..

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
don't mean to offend but i think Sam levels off at 70 point center. But expectations was that he'd be a 90 point center.
still a wicked player..

He'd have to play Center for that to happen. I'd imagine once Mittelstadt gets acclimated to the NHL he will likely be the 2C and Reinhart is not playing 1C over Eichel. From everything I've seen most people say he's been better on the wing. 90 points is like franchise center level and no one really thought Reinhart would be on that level.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
He'd have to play Center for that to happen. I'd imagine once Mittelstadt gets acclimated to the NHL he will likely be the 2C and Reinhart is not playing 1C over Eichel. From everything I've seen most people say he's been better on the wing. 90 points is like franchise center level and no one really thought Reinhart would be on that level.
Go back and read scouting reports on Reinhart... he was expected to be better than your average first line center. 15 players in the league had 90+ points and 20-25 were on pace if they played a full season.
It's not incredibly rare for player to score 90 points. Reinhart was pegged to be in that eschalon

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Go back and read scouting reports on Reinhart... he was expected to be better than your average first line center. 15 players in the league had 90+ points and 20-25 were on pace if they played a full season.
It's not incredibly rare for player to score 90 points. Reinhart was pegged to be in that eschalon

90+ at that time was franchise 1C territory. Remember that Reinhart was drafted in 2014 in the height of the new dead puck era where only Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos and Sedin had scored 90+ points as 1C's for a number of years prior. Maybe some silly homer posters threw out 90+ points as barometer but anyone that had any wits about them would have said that is the most ridiculous thing they've ever seen. Reinhart was never at any point seen to be that tier of player. Otherwise it wouldn't have even been a second thought to Ekblad going over him. Reinhart at that time was seen as a 70+ elite but not franchise altering two-way 1C.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Reinhart

Most Sabres fans in 2014 had him pegged for a 70-80 point centre. I don’t remember many throwing out 90 points.

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
Krebs looks quite good. He's the sneakiest, shiftiest player of the trio with Cozens and Newhook at the U18s. He makes a lot happen with quick pivots and smart positioning. Out of the three, I have been most impressed by him. He's very cerebral and possesses a lot of east-west creativity.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I'd be quite happy with Krebs at #9. He may be a bit similar to what we already have in Steel and Lundestrom but there's also a chance he can be the best of that bunch.

mc1laren

Jun 18, 2018
I think Krebs goes 9-10

In my opinion
1-4 will be Hughes, Kakko, Dach and Turcotte.
5-8 will be Byram, Zegras, Podkolzin, Cozens
9-10 will be Boldy and Krebs

1. Hughes
  2. Kakko
  3. Turcotte - From the Area and Chi has some really good d prospects in Boqvist/Jokiharju/Beudin
  4. Dach - need secondary scoring and 2c is a huge hole for them
  5. Cozens - Could take Byram but Cozens is likely seen as a true 1c compared to Villardi and Kupari
  6. Byram - They have Larkin and Zadina already and are a lacking d prospects outside of McIssac
  7. Podkolzin - to play with Eichel in two years when Dahlin and Middlestadt hit full stride. Scary good
  8. Boldy - Need a winger with size than can put the puck in the net and can skate. Checks all boxes
  9. Zegras - Just seems like an Anaheim player. A great player to compliment Rakell, Steel, Manson
  10. Krebs - Horvat needs a winger that can skate and can relieve some of the defensive burden

Reactions: AegonLeConqueror

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I think Krebs goes 9-10

In my opinion
1-4 will be Hughes, Kakko, Dach and Turcotte.
5-8 will be Byram, Zegras, Podkolzin, Cozens
9-10 will be Boldy and Krebs

1. Hughes
  2. Kakko
  3. Turcotte - From the Area and Chi has some really good d prospects in Boqvist/Jokiharju/Beudin
  4. Dach - need secondary scoring and 2c is a huge hole for them
  5. Cozens - Could take Byram but Cozens is likely seen as a true 1c compared to Villardi and Kupari
  6. Byram - They have Larkin and Zadina already and are a lacking d prospects outside of McIssac
  7. Podkolzin - to play with Eichel in two years when Dahlin and Middlestadt hit full stride. Scary good
  8. Boldy - Need a winger with size than can put the puck in the net and can skate. Checks all boxes
  9. Zegras - Just seems like an Anaheim player. A great player to compliment Rakell, Steel, Manson
  10. Krebs - Horvat needs a winger that can skate and can relieve some of the defensive burden
1-Hughes
2-Kakko
3-Byram
4-Turcotte
5-Dach
6-Podkolzin
7-Krebs
8-Boldy
9-Cozens
10-Caufield

Ad

Upcoming events