C Mikhail Grigorenko (2012, 12th, BUF; traded to COL) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Unless he tears it up, they may as well let him work on his game in the AHL IMO. Situations like the Sabres and the Oilers can be quite toxic to young players confidence.

I wanted Buffalo to keep him up out of training camp, but it's hard not to like seeing him, Carrier, and Armia all clicking so well with each other in the A. I'm sure he'll get some call-up chances once injuries strike anyway, if he keeps it up.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Grigorenko registered a goal and an assist in Rochester's 3-2 win over Hamilton in Buffalo on Wednesday night and was named the game's first star. That brings his totals up to 4+2 in 7GP.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I'm sounding a bit like a broken record early on this season, but Grigorenko notched his fifth goal last night off another Armia feed:

ZeroPT*

Really happy with his progress. I just pray that if (when?) he makes the Sabres, he isn't put with Mitchell and Deslauriers. I mean, I love those guys hard work and energy but they are not the players a player of Grigorenko's caliber should be playing with. Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself, I'll just enjoy this while it lasts.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Really happy with his progress. I just pray that if (when?) he makes the Sabres, he isn't put with Mitchell and Deslauriers. I mean, I love those guys hard work and energy but they are not the players a player of Grigorenko's caliber should be playing with. Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself, I'll just enjoy this while it lasts.

Armia and Grigs most likely come up together, and stay together, given the chemistry building going on. Let's hope they don't bring them up to soon. I wouldn't mind both of them spending this season and next in Rochester if necessary to really cement that chemistry.

ZeroPT*

One of Grigorenko's two points tonight. Now up to 15 points in 21 games.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
tomorrow night, the reintroduction/revenge/return/rebirth of Mikhail Grigorenko

(Ok so it is only an injury callup)

Brian Koziol ‏@BrianWGR 32m32 minutes ago

#Sabres make it official. Grigorenko recalled. On way to Winnipeg.
0 replies 5 retweets 5 favorites

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
Mikhail Grigorenko has 3G in 2GP

Buffalo almost ruined this guy's career, but he actually looks like he's becoming a player for us now. Grigorenko just turned 22 and had 27 points playing wing on the 4th line for most of the season and was one of our best forwards defensively. With Mack and Duchene playing in the World Cup Bednar shifted him back to center and he's been killing it in practices and in the preseason games. He's been playing great defensively and offensively and is winning more faceoffs than he's losing. He's playing with confidence right now and his tremendous skill set is starting to take over. He's been working hard on his skating and it's improved noticeably to the point where it shouldn't hold him back. He's never been a physical guy and while he'll never be Lucic out there, he's starting to use his body more. The O'Reilly trade is starting to look pretty good for the Avs. Here's the two goals he scored against LA last night.

https://www.nhl.com/avalanche/video/grigorenko-goes-backhand/t-277437098/c-44994303

https://www.nhl.com/avalanche/video/grigorenko-gets-his-second/t-277437098/c-44994403

Last edited:

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
the good news is he has looked fantastic regardless of goal scoring results, that being said ....preseason. im confident he will take strides from last year at this point though

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
What a massive disappointment he's been.

Nice reason to bump the thread... :shakehead

He has certainly not lived up to his draft potential. The smarts and the skill is definitely there, he just needs about 80% more drive than he has. The two or three times he's played with drive, he has looked amazing. It just doesn't happen more often than that.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Buffalo almost ruined this guy's career, but he actually looks like he's becoming a player for us now. Grigorenko just turned 22 and had 27 points playing wing on the 4th line for most of the season and was one of our best forwards defensively. With Mack and Duchene playing in the World Cup Bednar shifted him back to center and he's been killing it in practices and in the preseason games. He's been playing great defensively and offensively and is winning more faceoffs than he's losing. He's playing with confidence right now and his tremendous skill set is starting to take over. He's been working hard on his skating and it's improved noticeably to the point where it shouldn't hold him back. He's never been a physical guy and while he'll never be Lucic out there, he's starting to use his body more. The O'Reilly trade is starting to look pretty good for the Avs. Here's the two goals he scored against LA last night.

https://www.nhl.com/avalanche/video/grigorenko-goes-backhand/t-277437098/c-44994303

https://www.nhl.com/avalanche/video/grigorenko-gets-his-second/t-277437098/c-44994403

Less Buffalo ruined his career and more he's just not that good. It happens. The funny thing is in regards to the draft he can't even be considered a bust more as a disappointment that's how bad 2012 was. Grigs is likely at a point of what you see is what you'll get. He simply just does not bring it enough on a consistent basis. I highly doubt that he'd be any better if he was sent right to junior after being drafted instead of getting 25 games.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
2012 was bad but look at the guys taken right after him:

Faksa - Emerging into a solid middle of the lineup player.
Girgensons - Who knows at this point, would like to see him away from Bylsma.
Ceci - 2nd pairing D.
Wilson - Valuable crash and bang winger for bottom 6.
Hertl - Top 6 forward when healthy.
Teravainen - Top 6 forward, probably won't be the stud expected but should be a 40-50 point guy every year.
Vasilevskiy - Should be a solid #1 G at the very least.

Then you had Maatta, Matheson, Skjei and Pearson who are looking like quality regulars.

I still remember how some people around here could not understand why Grigorenko was falling like a rock in the rankings right before it took place. ''He was slowed down by mono!'' was the common excuse. The scouts got it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad