C Mikhail Grigorenko (2012, 12th, BUF; traded to COL) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPT*

did you even read his post? Ill quote it for you

Not sure what other explanation he owes you

wow now I feel like an ass :laugh:

This is why I shouldn't answer half asleep. My bad boys.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
I'm trying to understand the logic behind it and he hasn't. I haven't "jumped" on him. I'm asking why he would feel the need to write off a 19 year old and he hasn't explained.

It makes no sense and he hasn't explained.
I thought he gave a great explanation. It's also refreshing to see people admit when they were wrong.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
He needs time to hone his offensive skills while fulfilling top line duties in Rochester. I'm not against it despite Grigo's efforts to fit into the roster where ever he could. Nolan said it best, he's better off maturing and easing into a top 6 role than duking it out on the bottom lines.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Was hoping Grigs would stick. Hopefully this is a short diversion.
Even with Grigorenko showing vast improvements in preseason, this AHL stint always seemed inevitable, as Murray's stance on Grigorenko only a few weeks ago was that "[he] may need to take one step back to take two steps forward," indicative of an AHL reassignment before he could reach his goal of NHL regular. That's also inline with today's comments, where Grigorenko noted: "I had a good camp, but they told me I worked hard and they liked what they saw, but they think it’s going to be good for me to go there. It depends how I play down in Roch. I’ll just go there and work as hard as I worked here. I will try to be the best player, and I want to be the first guy to be up. Score goals, get points and that’s it, work hard. I guess if I’m the first guy on the score sheet, I’ll be the first guy to be up."

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Reinhart and Grigorenko are completely different players. Grigorenko may have been better in preseason, but Reinhart can develop better than Grigorenko could in a third line role.

Grigorenko needs to show this is more than just a good camp. He will start the year in Rochester with top line minutes, first line powerplay, and a legit sniper in Joel Armia. If he continues to play like this, there will be top six minutes for him in Buffalo.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

Reinhart will be sent back to junior when he hits 9 games and then Grigs will be recalled... that's my prediction!!

i got that feeling as well, but maybe more of a hope because im going to toronto for world jrs and would love to be able to watch reinhart

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
True - I was hopeful, though. Perhaps naively so. ;)
Well, if Grigorenko continues to play well, he'll get his shot soon enough. Added a goal tonight and ate some punches from Kulak in a line brawl. "Obviously, I'm not a fighter, but I did everything I could."

Bps21*

If darcy hadn't been so desperate to cover his lack of team building (they had no centers) grigorenko would be right on pace to be an exciting prospect without the caveats they forced on him by the up and down of the first two years. What should have just been 2 years of putting up points in JRs. Was marred by playing 6 minutes a night with john scott and sitting in the press box. It was a bad road...but he ended up in the right spot anyway...looking good on the verge of making the show.

ZeroPT*

Grigorenko :heart:

I'm so glad he's turned his career around. Such a likable guy

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
His Facebook is a goldmine.

6WVafSU.png

All hail Grigorencat.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Also, deserves mentioning here, the kid actually fought somebody in the brawl after Gillies decided to go ape **** on Carrier. Of course, he lost pretty badly, but still.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Also, deserves mentioning here, the kid actually fought somebody in the brawl after Gillies decided to go ape **** on Carrier. Of course, he lost pretty badly, but still.
Yeah, I noted that it was versus Kulak earlier. Here's the video of that line brawl, but Grigorenko is out of the picture for most of it as cameras focused in on the instigator Petrecki.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I wish the kid nothing but the best. I was hoping that somehow the Oilers could've acquired another pick to land him in his draft year. Could he be coming up if Reinhart gets sent back to Jrs?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I wish the kid nothing but the best. I was hoping that somehow the Oilers could've acquired another pick to land him in his draft year. Could he be coming up if Reinhart gets sent back to Jrs?

Like the comment above me says, it's either Grigorenko or Larsson. Considering right now they moved Hodgson back to center, Larsson is the better fit as a 4th line center or bottom 6 winger. If he didn't get concussed in the first preseason game he probably should've made the team. Personally, I'd like to see both up if Reinhart's gone, moving Hodgson back to wing and waiving one of the many 4th line types we have if need be. Then we could have Grigorenko as the 2nd or 3rd line center, Larsson as the 4th line center or third line winger.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
What should have just been 2 years of putting up points in JRs. Was marred by playing 6 minutes a night with john scott and sitting in the press box.

??? It was 2 years of putting up points in juniors. You can check hockeydb.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It depends on what Buffalo wants, they could very well call up Larsson as he's further along in his development.

Like the comment above me says, it's either Grigorenko or Larsson. Considering right now they moved Hodgson back to center, Larsson is the better fit as a 4th line center or bottom 6 winger. If he didn't get concussed in the first preseason game he probably should've made the team. Personally, I'd like to see both up if Reinhart's gone, moving Hodgson back to wing and waiving one of the many 4th line types we have if need be. Then we could have Grigorenko as the 2nd or 3rd line center, Larsson as the 4th line center or third line winger.

Unless he tears it up, they may as well let him work on his game in the AHL IMO. Situations like the Sabres and the Oilers can be quite toxic to young players confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad