Waived: C. McDonald **Cleared Post 94**

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
He was good in the playoff series against Pitt. Played very physical. That entire year, he was an NHL player.

He lost that. Or doesn't bring it everyday. I don't know. I wouldn't claim him now either. Next year he'll get a shot with someone else.

I hear you. The Islanders caught some lightning in a bottle. CMAC stepped up for a shortened season and played above his head quite frankly. He played well at one brief point, and I had no problem with him a few years ago. Last year CMAC came crashing back down to earth and this year he did nothing to dispel the notion that THAT was the real Colin McDonald. It's over for him, and that's okay because there's plenty of talent available in the Islander organization. Him OFF the roster is much better than him ON the roster from this point forward.

I meant that it's a player who we know can fill in if an injury happens to the bottom 6. He doesn't fit on this team because of the depth we have now, but he can certainly fill in if something happens and we know what we're getting.

Meh, I guess. Too be honest I think Harry Z or even Sundstrom would be a better call up if a bottom 6 player (Bailey, Nielsen, Kulemin, Cizikas, Martin, Conacher, Clutterbuck) were to go down with an injury......

.but if any of the following players get injured: Tavares, Okposo, Lee, Nelson, Strome, Grabovski. The proper move would be to call up Collberg and see what he can do on a temporary (until injured player returns) basis.

Instead what they will instead do is promote one of the checking line players like Bailey or Kulemin or Clutterbuck or Conacher or Grabner to a scoring role, that they should not be asked to provide and then plug in a Boulton into the bottom 6.

This strategy has to stop right now, it's gone on far too long and it impacts the team negatively time and again. I'm not calling for players like Collberg to be 'RUSHED' into the NHL permanently. I'm asking for skilled players to be used in those roles and get their feet wet along the way when injuries occur on limited basis' and then returned to continue to develop. So they don't show up to the NHL as a 23 year old never having stepped inside an NHL arena for a regular season game before.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Happy we made the move, it was the right thing to do, but also happy he is still with the organization.. hopefully he provides some veteran presence with the kids down there..

hoser14

Oct 23, 2006
Brooklyn
Well it's really nice to still have him in the organization.

WHY? Colin McDonald going to a league where he belongs, the AHL. It's good to see the Isles finally dumping players who have no business on an NHL roster. I have see too many Colin McDonalds over the last 20 years.

I was hoping that the Ranger$ would claim him so he could do them what he did to the Isles, which is a high minus (Plus/Minus) and low production.

Enjoy the Iron Lung! Bye! Bye!

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
WHY? Colin McDonald going to a league where he belongs, the AHL. It's good to see the Isles finally dumping players who have no business on an NHL roster. I have see too many Colin McDonalds over the last 20 years.

I was hoping that the Ranger$ would claim him so he could do them what he did to the Isles, which is a high minus (Plus/Minus) and low production.

Enjoy the Iron Lung! Bye! Bye!

Diesel is a great guy. I wish him nothing but the best.

Having him in the organization maintains our depth.

Katurian

Oct 20, 2011
Crown Heights
Diesel is a great guy. I wish him nothing but the best.

Having him in the organization maintains our depth.

Agree. I just don't see the point in being so dismissive of someone.

He's a guy that played hard, contributed in the playoffs and was a good soldier.

Right now, he's not good enough for our roster. Wish him the best

crasherino

May 9, 2013

He's a guy that played hard, contributed in the playoffs and was a good soldier.

Agree with both of these sentiments.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006

Just wanted to say, yep this right here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad