Waived: C. McDonald **Cleared Post 94**

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I don't have access to twitter at work but staple just tweeted the Isles have waived Colin McDonald.

Enter Lee?

Hopefully for Lee and not simply a way to get Viz in the lineup. Of course, if its the case that its for Viz, that would mean that Grabo is likely to return in the next two games and they don't want to IR him. So that's good news on the injury front if not from the roster management one.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
This is surely the right move from a hockey standpoint, and I'm glad they did it.

That said, now feels like the right time to remember how many huge goals McDonald had during our 2013 playoff run. He was really clutch, and actually played a really big role both as part of the 4th line with Martin/Cizikas (the best hockey those two guys ever played) and on the third line with Grabner and usually Keith Aucoin.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
This is surely the right move from a hockey standpoint, and I'm glad they did it.

That said, now feels like the right time to remember how many huge goals McDonald had during our 2013 playoff run. He was really clutch, and actually played a really big role both as part of the 4th line with Martin/Cizikas (the best hockey those two guys ever played) and on the third line with Grabner and usually Keith Aucoin.

Can't deny his work ethic. But it's nice to see that the Isles depth is finally pushing these guys off for better players. Can't wait to see ANDEERRRRSSSS LEEEEEE *Arnold voice* back up in the big club.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
It could be argued that this should have been done before the season even started, but on a positive note, it only took two games of looking at McDonald this year as opposed to half a season of watching PMB and Regin stink up the joint last season.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
LOL you are just a ray of sunshine.

I'm happy and angry at the same time. Happy the right move was made. and furious that they played games with a less than optimal line-up (not calling up a far superior player) in the name of giving McDonald 21 minutes of NHL Ice time this season. It was a waste of everyone's time and a pointless exercise.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
McDonald was a good soldier. I don't get the impulse to dance on his grave. He was probably the most "replaceable" guy on the team, but if I was in a position to form my ideal Isles roster Boulton would probably be first to go.

This organization should be beyond icing and rostering past 'good soldiers' above better NHL talent.

I have a zero tolerance policy for this crap.

BTW My venom is not towards CMAC, it's towards the genius' who make these decisions.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Not sure how Boulton survives over CMac

Because Boulton serves a unique (albeit extremely limited) role. In the 1 game out of 10 that we need an enforcer, we have Boulton to step in. CMac, OTOH, doesn't really bring anything that other options could bring. If Lee was playing instead of Conacher on the 1st line, Conacher could step in perfectly well when Grabovski went down.

But, now that Lubo is back or on the doorstep of being back, Donovan should probably have been the guy to go down. Its unlikely we use an 8th defenseman anytime in the near future and if we did, we could always bring back Reinhart or even Pulock. Perhaps they thought there was a better chance of CMac clearing waivers then Donovan? To me, both seem equally likely to clear.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Because Tavares loves Boulton, and that's why he is still here

Actually, JT and McDonald were good buddies too, but it didn't save him from waivers.

Barring a trade, the next forwards to hit waivers if necessary are Boulton and Conacher. Both on 1 year deals, and both UFA's after the season.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Unfortunately I don't think Lee gets called up as a replacement, I think Vis becomes active.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Unfortunately I don't think Lee gets called up as a replacement, I think Vis becomes active.

Not according to Art...

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 2m2 minutes ago
Hearing that once McDonald is claimed or clears, Anders Lee is likely to join #Isles in Boston tomorrow.

Now our season is really saved.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
Not according to Art...

Hopefully this means Conacher is either demoted to the 4th line and plays over Martin (a role I think he'd actually excel at -- I think he's the type of possession player Cizikas and Clutterbuck desperately need if Capuano is going to keep inexplicably leaning on them) or is a healthy scratch.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Not according to Art...

Woohoo ! Now I'm really happy, I'm a big Lee fan, hopefully he goes right to the first line. But knowing that moron Cappy, he'll probably be on the 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad