C Matthew Savoie - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2022, 9th, BUF) - PART 2

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Rumours floating he'll be traded to Everett once World Juniors is over

Would be kinda strange to see that happen. His Wenatchee team is one of the top teams in the league and only 3 points back of the #2 team in all of the CHL(PG Cougars). so it would be bizzare to see them trade Savoie away to another top team.

Reactions: Bubbles

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Would be kinda strange to see that happen. His Wenatchee team is one of the top teams in the league and only 3 points back of the #2 team in all of the CHL(PG Cougars). so it would be bizzare to see them trade Savoie away to another top team.
Wenatchee has zero draft capital since Winnipeg traded it all away over the past two years trying to win. The Wild HAVE to trade Savoie/Geekie/etc or else they will be bottom feeders for years to come.

A few days ago it was Everett who was landing him, now it sounds like Moose Jaw is where he's going.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
You obviously don’t understand how CHL teams operate. it’s not like the NHL…

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
You obviously don’t understand how CHL teams operate. it’s not like the NHL…
Hmmmm ya I'm actually VERY aware how things work in the WHL lol

Wenatchee(Winnipeg) planned for this season and last season to be their years to try to win. I realize with Benson staying in the NHL it kinda ruined some planning but Wenatchee is still a top team in the league.

Junior teams plan for certain seasons to be their time to win and currently we are in Wenatchees planned time.

We will see what happens though. Maybe Wenatchee figures they won't in fact be able to beat certain teams and decide to move Savoie, Geekie, Sward etc etc but who knows

Reactions: Bubbles

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'm shocked Wenatchee is selling.

Last season and this year were supposed to be their year to go for it but I think once Benson stayed in Buffalo, it all changed.

Crazy how something unscheduled like that ruins years of planning.

I still remember in 2019 at the WHL draft when they drafted Savoie and Geekie, it was known that when they are 18 and 19, those were the years they were going for it all

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Wenatchee is second in their conference and third in the league... and they sell-off their best player? Ouch.
It's not so much where they are, it's what they have to go through.

They aren't one or two pieces away from being a contender, they are a pretty poorly constructed team this year.

Their d isn't great, their goaltending is okay, they don't have a ton of depth. Add that to the growing rumours of players not being happy in the locker room, it just made sense for them to sell rather than suck for a long time.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I suspect this might have more to do with Savoie wanting a fresh start with another WHL contender. He'd been with the franchise for about 5 years now.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I suspect this might have more to do with Savoie wanting a fresh start with another WHL contender. He'd been with the franchise for about 5 years now.
Nah, they are clearing house. Geekie got dealt for similar futures at the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad