C Matthew Savoie - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2022, 9th, BUF) - PART 2

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
First thread was started when he was 13 years old (now over 1000 posts). @S E P H was bang on. Kid is incredible.

upload_2021-12-26_12-8-58.png

Savoie_Matt-1-e1639415026341.jpg

Reactions: S E P H and Sagikev

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Happy birthday big (or must I say smoll) boi.

He seems to have cooled off a bit lately.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
When cooling off is 11 points in your last 7 games (points in all 7), you’re doing something right
I know, you don't need to convince me on Savoie.

But he has 5 points in his last 5 games, that's a slight drop compared to his 17 points in the previous 10 games before that 5 game stretch.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Someone tell me why this guy won't be going 1st overall?

Because he won’t. Fans don’t have any influence on actual draft orders. Doesn’t mean they aren’t more accurate in certain situations than those that work for NHL teams, but he’s the type of player NHL teams have lower than fans. 5’10/5’11, some question his skating, and there have been some durability concerns.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I have very few live viewings to base this on, but I see Savoie as a better-skating, better-shooting Turcotte. Similar stature and blend of tenacity, grittiness, creativity, and elite playmaking skills. Probably plays more of a north-south game. Hopefully he can avoid the injuries that have momentarily slowed Turcotte’s development. Savoie is an ES-level player, and while he will not displace Wright for 1 OA, he has an equal chance of being the best player from this draft IMO.

Reactions: Nowotny

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Because he won’t. Fans don’t have any influence on actual draft orders. Doesn’t mean they aren’t more accurate in certain situations than those that work for NHL teams, but he’s the type of player NHL teams have lower than fans. 5’10/5’11, some question his skating, and there have been some durability concerns.
Who questions his skating??

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

There is zero question about his skating, the other stuff sure to a small degree but not skating.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I have very few live viewings to base this on, but I see Savoie as a better-skating, better-shooting Turcotte. Similar stature and blend of tenacity, grittiness, creativity, and elite playmaking skills. Probably plays more of a north-south game. Hopefully he can avoid the injuries that have momentarily slowed Turcotte’s development. Savoie is an ES-level player, and while he will not displace Wright for 1 OA, he has an equal chance of being the best player from this draft IMO.

Pretty much this IMO and still can't like posts dammit.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
You sure have some weird fixation on me wetcoast....
(and btw. why not westcoast?)

I'm 100% straight btw, so if you have some sort of crush,...
i have bad news for you.

Wetcoast is a descriptive term of where I live it rains alot here.

As for your orientation TMI.

Back to my post you were down on Savioe and posted regularity on his slow start then disappeared when he got hot and stayed hot so I called it.

I know it's a weird thing responding to posts on a message board but I guess I do weird things eh?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad