C Matthew Savoie - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2022, 9th, BUF) - PART 2

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It’s super fun that he’s producing in a league he’s not allowed to play in because he was born a few hours too late…despite playing far more junior games than Shane Wright who was let out.

Reactions: Team Cozens

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
It’s super fun that he’s producing in a league he’s not allowed to play in because he was born a few hours too late…despite playing far more junior games than Shane Wright who was let out.
I understand the frustration but cut off dates are firm in a lot of things, it sucks but they do exist.

Wright was allowed because he missed the entire 2020-21 season because the OHL was shut down, otherwise he would have had more games. The rule is 4 years of Jr and Savoie was not technically an ES player since he was denied and he was merely an AP at 15.

He looks great though, he should definitely be in the AHL but it's beating a dead horse unless the CHL and NHL end their agreement

Reactions: Blueston

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
A point in each of the three games on his conditioning stint to a league he isn’t allowed to play in. Was a beast away from the puck tonight…making several plays to extend zone time and lead to scoring chances. Used his speed all night. Three more games in Rochester and then they have a decision to make.

With Comrie going on IR for several weeks…a roster spot will be open when he has to come back.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Further - he is going to practice but will not be put into the lineup against Carolina tomorrow. Sounds like after that though he'll be seeing NHL time.

Reactions: GordieHowYaDoin

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Making his NHL debut tonight.

Tuch is questionable…if he can’t go Savoie practiced on a line with Tage and Skinner. If he does go Savoie probably ends up on the third line of misfit toys
Looks like Tuchy isn't going to make it tonight so Savoie will play with the big boys.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Looks like Tuchy isn't going to make it tonight so Savoie will play with the big boys.
If I had to guess I’d say the plan is to play Tuch tomorrow and cycle Savoie out. I think they’ll be looking to stretch his nine games until he leaves for WJC camp. That’s about 15 or 16 games away. So I think he will see a lot of the ol in and out.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Get some reps in at the top level honestly came around to sending him back he can focus on some strength and conditioning training while getting top minutes doesn't need to light whl on fire already proven he can produce against men adding more strength and speed would be a beneficial way for him to spend time in Jr's have him and Benson get top line assignments together and the occasional double shift

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He was obviously going to eventually be sent back but i assumed they woulda given atleast 5 games or so .. surprised he was sent back this quickly

I feel Benson will also eventually be sent back and Wenatchee will go on an absolute tear

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He was obviously going to eventually be sent back but i assumed they woulda given atleast 5 games or so .. surprised he was sent back this quickly

I feel Benson will also eventually be sent back and Wenatchee will go on an absolute tear

It's probably in part a roster move as they have people coming off IR. It feels bad for Savoie that he looked so good early in the Prospect Tournie, only to get hurt and miss camp. Hopefully he's not too down about this, his work in Rochester on the conditioning assignment was strong.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008

Wenatchee needs to trade all these guys away to recoup assets from Winnipeg's trades over the past two years. Here are Wenatchee's top-3 picks in the next few drafts.

2024 - 5th round, 7th round, 7th round
2025 - 3rd round, 3rd round, 5th round
2026 - 7th round, 8th round, 9th round

They have to trade all these guys or else they will be at the bottom of the league standings for the next 5 years.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Wenatchee needs to trade all these guys away to recoup assets from Winnipeg's trades over the past two years. Here are Wenatchee's top-3 picks in the next few drafts.

2024 - 5th round, 7th round, 7th round
2025 - 3rd round, 3rd round, 5th round
2026 - 7th round, 8th round, 9th round

They have to trade all these guys or else they will be at the bottom of the league standings for the next 5 years.

It'll be a tough decision for the team if they wanna trade those studs for picks or go for it... They can easily dominate this season when they have their guys back and win over the new city the play in or play it safe and unload all them and build for the future.

My feeling is though that they keep them and push hard for a championship. They will have way too good of a team not to go for it.

Junior teams plan well in advance for certain years they will be their best. For Wenatchee when they drafted Geekie/Savoie/Benson etc etc etc they had in mind that last season and this season will be their time to win. I truly believe they will plan for that again this year

Reactions: Blueston

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It'll be a tough decision for the team if they wanna trade those studs for picks or go for it... They can easily dominate this season when they have their guys back and win over the new city the play in or play it safe and unload all them and build for the future.

My feeling is though that they keep them and push hard for a championship. They will have way too good of a team not to go for it.

Junior teams plan well in advance for certain years they will be their best. For Wenatchee when they drafted Geekie/Savoie/Benson etc etc etc they had in mind that last season and this season will be their time to win. I truly believe they will plan for that again this year
I agree that it will be tough but they already have a 19-11-7-1 record without Savoie and Benson so my bet is that they probably go for it.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad