C Mathias Emilio Pettersen (2018, 167th, CGY; traded to DAL)

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
This kids moves look exaclty like the ones of a certain Pavel Datsyuk, I mean really the resemblance is there.

It'll work out well if Datsyuk retires at 40 and Wings have the 1st overall pick in 2018 :)

Btw, are the other players older than him? At least he seems small compared to some of them.

Yes, what I can tell from the clubs website he is playing on the U12 team (99 generation) so he is playing with guys 1 year older than him.

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
This kid can fly. His teammates are terrible though. they can't finish at all. But at least it looks like he's trying to pass.

:facepalm: you know there like 9-10 years old right? What do you honestly expect from kids that young?

Since it is his parents im amusing making these videos, I hope one day down the road they don't turn into those parents where they force there kids to play and make them hate hockey.

Showteq

Colorado Avalanche.
Feb 26, 2010
Corona, California
Mathias Emilio

Have you guys ever seen such a young kid with such an advanced skill set? He not only has great skating ability, a good snap/slap shot, and puck control but also seems to have amazing hockey sense and vision (Button hooking to the net after passing to the point, seeing plays develop while he has the puck and making perfect passes.)

I know this portion of the boards is reserved for more up and coming prospects but I thought some of you may enjoy this. :)

Tavaresmagicalplay*

I think there was a thread on this already but yeah the kid is pretty amazing.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
And he's not selfish which is pretty amazing at his age, he could score double digits in every game if he were more selfish (if he doesn't do it already)

Mat P

Aug 20, 2006
I disagree so much, Our AAA, AA Atom teams could easily contain him, the opponents he plays can hardly skate.

I think the point was that the kid would DOMINATE and in my opinion it is true that he would. He might not be scoring 8 goals per game but he would certainly be a DOMINANT player.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
No one knows how good he really is without knowing what level he is playing in Norway.

By the video he dominates on every play.

I can take a 10 year old AAA player here and put him on an "A" team and he'd dominate just like this kid is.

Be interesting to see him play against 10 y/o triple A players in Canada or the USA.

That said, he sure has some sweet moves.

And hockey is not his only sport.

OlderTimer*

Um no...

The kid can flat out skate and has hands...I know the kid is 9 but its quite evident he has hands better than some players who play Junior right now...

He has a better TOE-DRAG than 95 % of NHLers!!

OlderTimer*

Lol did you guys play Nhl slapshot than look at this kid? its really unfair to say a kid will be great even tho he is really good. I was a 3 time allstar baseball player in the same area where dempster,morneau,bay,harden and francis grew up in and then i quit the next year so its tough to say if this kid will even play hockey for that long.

That's only because Manchester United, Real Madrid, A.C. Milan etc etc are going to show up with truck loads of money for him to play soccer.

Analyzer*

This kid is obviously skilled, but there's always a kid around that age that grasps the game faster than others and dominates. There use to be a kid in this ****** town that was believed to have potential to make it. At ages 10,11 and 12 he dominated scoring about 70ish goals in 30ish games. At age 13, 14 and 15 he slowed down a bit and still put up about a ppg, but that was in AA

Once the other kids catch up he could just really be a good player in Norway, a medicore player every where else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad