C/LW William Eklund - San Jose Sharks, NHL (2021, 7th, SJS)

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
So skilled, extremely creative and a great skater. His passing and vision is absolutely exceptional. He was a standout at Hlinka, and could go very high in 2021.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
His edges are fantastic and so is his puck handling. Very slippery player, looks exactly like Jesper Bratt at the same age. He'll need to mature a bit, hangs on to the puck for too long. Probably a winger long term but he's played way more at center.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Gotten off to a nice start, 9 points in 5 games, leading the #2 on his team by 4 points. Played last 2(or is it 3?) games on the wing.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Had his SHL debut today, as a winger on Djurgården's fourth line, 8 minutes ice time, 1 SOG and was on the ice for one GF. Oh, and registered 2 hits.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Playing with Josefson, & Widing today on a line reported as the top line, but should be the second line under Holtz-Berglund-Axelsson.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Showed absolutely immense workrate during his second SHL game tonight, playing with grit and working extremely hard. Great to see that in such a skillful player.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Showed absolutely immense workrate during his second SHL game tonight, playing with grit and working extremely hard. Great to see that in such a skillful player.
Takes after his father in that department, had two hits in his first shift too, as for his skill that must come from his mother. :laugh:

Was boarded at the start of the 2nd where he missed ~10 minutes of game time, but ended the game with 14:37 TOI. I could very much see him stay up in the SHL, only negative is he needs to buff up a little, but that hasn't really stopped him yet.

Reactions: Seiza and AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Takes after his father in that department, had two hits in his first shift too, as for his skill that must come from his mother. :laugh:

Was boarded at the start of the 2nd where he missed ~10 minutes of game time, but ended the game with 14:37 TOI. I could very much see him stay up in the SHL, only negative is he needs to buff up a little, but that hasn't really stopped him yet.

Loved seeing his father with the beer and Djurgården scarf in the stands, absolute legend.

I would like to see him as a Center long term, but if Djurgrden persist with using him at the wing, he has nothing more to prove as a winger in the Superelit. Looked good enough today, might as well keep him up.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
After barely getting to play last game, with Daniel Widing not being able to play he'll get to play alongside Josefson again, and this time Strandberg will be the 3rd player on that line(which on paper is a stronger line than the one he played on last go around with Josefson).

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Great game today. Had one shot hit the crossbar. Kid is not only a skilled offensive player but also a great forchecker. Takeaway after takeaway today.

Reactions: EK47

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Even if I dont like Djurgå'n you have to root for "Lill-Fimpen". I hope he reaches NHL, those dad-trips with Fimpen would be legendary!

Reactions: AB13

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Is he related to the shitty Eklund that creates bogus rumors and somehow has a prefix on the Trade section? That Eklund?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad