C/LW William Eklund - San Jose Sharks, NHL (2021, 7th, SJS)

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Really like his game. High intensity with and without the puck. Surprisingly strong on his skates too.

swedehollow

Aug 15, 2018
Played better than both Holtz and Raymond in todays game. Added an assist.
I was at the game. I saw him having a really good game, sometimes playing with Holtz and they played great. Holtz have had a tendency, even during WJC, to have the puck on his blade and the aim to shoot or pass but just lose it instead and this is really holding him back atm. However, even though Eklund had 2 helpers, I thought Raymond was really the best of them three. He got more time and played better and better as the game went on. Was used stationary in front of goal on the PP though, which I didn't like. He should be used as the playmaker instead, and he really needs to work on his conditioning.

My view is that Eklund will have a excellent SHL-carreer, but I doubt it will translate well into the NHL.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Looks like after a pre-season where he has done well with Holtz, and rotating centers he'll get a shot on Djurgårdens top line alongside Holtz, and a now healthy Josefson.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Looks like after a pre-season where he has done well with Holtz, and rotating centers he'll get a shot on Djurgårdens top line alongside Holtz, and a now healthy Josefson.

Hopefully he uses this opportunity. Though I see no reason to not play Ågren-Josefson & Axelsson-Strandberg as LW-C on the two top lines

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Had a good game today, the Eklund-Josefson-Holtz line was literally the only line that could keep up with Frölunda. Should've played more, but you gotta play lines that plays brutally bad more ice time, you know?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
For those in Sweden watching him regularly, how would you compare him to the following players in terms of overall ability:

Lucas Raymond
Alexander Holtz
Nils Hoglander
Samuel Fagemo
Jonattan Berggren

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
the guy has great stats but hasn't seemed to have garnered to much hype?

A possible top 10/5 pick if he can keep up his play?

here's a nice little sequence right before the goal

Reactions: kevsavard95

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
For those in Sweden watching him regularly, how would you compare him to the following players in terms of overall ability:

Lucas Raymond
Alexander Holtz
Nils Hoglander
Samuel Fagemo
Jonattan Berggren

He's roughly on par with Raymond and Holtz right now as a player. Don't see the same high end upside though.

Better than the other three.

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
7 points in 10 SHL games in an SHL that has the most talent it’s had since the lockout. Should push into the top 10 at this pace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad