C/LW William Eklund - San Jose Sharks, NHL (2021, 7th, SJS)

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
How does he compare to Raymond, who is having a very lacklustre season.
Well he's playing on a team with almost 0 offensive talent outside of Karlsson and Hertl, and under a coach who has been known to hinder the offensive production of young skilled players in the past, so we'll see how he does lol.

He was having a great year in the AHL though.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
How has he looked to start the year?
Only 2 points but the team can't generate offense at all. He shows creative plays, but then passes to some bum like Luke Kunin and the play dies. If they play him with Hertl or Couture when he's back the points could come.

Definitely one of the very very very few bright spots on this Sharks team.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think it’s safe to shut this thread down for good. Eklund is playing consistent top-6 minutes on our matchup line with Hertl, both special teams, and starting to put up the points to reflect his actual play. Think he ends up with around 40-45 points by the end of the year while playing strong defense, which is kinda the best case scenario I was hoping for.

Hopefully he continues to be stapled to Hertl, that’s the only insulation he’s going to get on this tire-fire of a team.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I think it’s safe to shut this thread down for good. Eklund is playing consistent top-6 minutes on our matchup line with Hertl, both special teams, and starting to put up the points to reflect his actual play. Think he ends up with around 40-45 points by the end of the year while playing strong defense, which is kinda the best case scenario I was hoping for.

Hopefully he continues to be stapled to Hertl, that’s the only insulation he’s going to get on this tire-fire of a team.
Not until he learns how to sing all Will.I.Am. songs by heart :3

• Haha

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
You really think Sharks fans should have to listen to that after we were captive audiences to Will Smith being forced to sing the Fresh Prince song on live television? Hard pass brother.
That was more embarrassing than the reverse sweep :laugh:

• Haha

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Great pass to Hertl to tie the game last night, and rewarded later with the OT winner. He's such a fun skater to watch where he doesn't look fast, but the shiftiness is insane. Him and Hertl (and hopefully now Barabanov) are a fun line to watch, especially as said above, they get the hard matchups most nights. That's not an easy task as a 21 year old on the worst team in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad