C/LW Anton Lundell - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Lundell reminds me alot of Patrice Bergeron, strong, smart, in your face type of center with good skills... Nothing flashy, just damn effective!

Reactions: bert

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Lundell reminds me alot of Patrice Bergeron, strong, smart, in your face type of center with good skills... Nothing flashy, just damn effective!

That's why he could go fairly high. Very safe pick IMO who should become a good 2C/3C which a lot of teams are in need of.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I would say a very good 2 C at the very least... Personally I see him as a 1b...

He's undrafted so you can never put a players floor too high which is why I went with great 3C as a floor. It's not out of the question that he becomes a 1B but personally I see more of a 2C.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
I think Kakko exposed the poor level of the Finnish League in full. I should know, even I bought it, but it turned the professional Finnish league isn't that much better than the Canadian junior leagues. All things considered, I don't see this kid getting picked in the top 5 in his current form.

People go crazy that player X is doing whatever against men in Finland, but the problem is that those men are bottom 6 AHL- high end ECHL types, but they have better depth than CHL teams. Lundell has a goal today, but that was a tap in from a great pass.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Both false, He’s 6’1” and 190 actually.
For his age, that’s a good ratio.

You should be looking at height(cm)-weight(kg) to come out at 100 in your draft year (the average NHL pro comes out as a 95.)

Being a 103 off isn’t a problem, being 10 off (90 or 110) limits your window(either have to spend too long getting up to weight like a Buchnevich or your aging curves accelerate because you can’t keep it off) and beyond that it gets into having to have obscene production to get a sniff.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
People go crazy that player X is doing whatever against men in Finland, but the problem is that those men are bottom 6 AHL- high end ECHL types, but they have better depth than CHL teams. Lundell has a goal today, but that was a tap in from a great pass.

I've been saying this for awhile now. Liiga is a great league and it's teams would easily dust CH teams because they are full of men but these men aren't the greatest atheltes in the sport. They are made of the guys that couldn't make the NHL. Some couldn't even last in the AHL. Scoring in Liiga is not as hard as it used to be for young kids getting minutes. Either kids in Finland got so much better that they are now producing superstars with every kid that scores well there or scoring in Liiga is up.

I think it would be really interesting to look at Liiga scoring as a whole and not sure where one could find year-by-year scoring for Liiga. Would be interesting to see where it was 10 years ago or 5 years ago. Was the league better when say Barkov was coming through?

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I've been saying this for awhile now. Liiga is a great league and it's teams would easily dust CH teams because they are full of men but these men aren't the greatest atheltes in the sport. They are made of the guys that couldn't make the NHL. Some couldn't even last in the AHL. Scoring in Liiga is not as hard as it used to be for young kids getting minutes. Either kids in Finland got so much better that they are now producing superstars with every kid that scores well there or scoring in Liiga is up.

I think it would be really interesting to look at Liiga scoring as a whole and not sure where one could find year-by-year scoring for Liiga. Would be interesting to see where it was 10 years ago or 5 years ago. Was the league better when say Barkov was coming through?
Liigan maalimäärät jatkavat nousuaan – katso vertailu viime kausiin

That article has a chart of Liiga scoring in 15-19 seasons. Scoring is up. The 18-19 ends early because the rest include playoffs. 18-19 only the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad