GDT: GBR vs. DEN May 17, 2024

aquaregia

May 23, 2022
Lancashire
2-2 but still don't think if I'm a Danish fan I'm worrying too much, am practically having kittens watch us defend transitions and despite that hairy end of the period I'd say Denmark were gradually wresting control of the game out from the chaos.

Also Perlini's had quite a few decent chances to score across the tournament but still no goals yet, considering how few players we rely on to get goals could be a continuing concern...

Reactions: Summer Rose

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Kirk is such a shifty skater. I don't know why the Arizona Coyotes let this guy go. He was a good player during his time with the OHL Peterborough Petes.
Has had some serious injuries in the past but he is still a great player. Speedy, with an excellent shot. Defensive side of the game may be his weakness as of yet but that is something he can work on, he is still a young guy.

aquaregia

May 23, 2022
Lancashire
Alright now if I'm Danish I'm starting to worry a tiny bit. Great response to going down 2-3 by GB. Though even an OT loss is far from a disaster for them, unless GB find another win of course.

Perlini winner for 4-3 would be the icing on the cake... I can dream right?

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
GB beating Denmark is within the realms of possibility. Although not likely. Denmark will be heavy favourites of course.

Also if Denmark lose in regulation I would say they are favourites for relegation (even one point and things don't look very rosy with the games that ate left) and Denmark will know this and that they need to come out strong. As a Brit I hope they are drunk of course but I think they are going to turn up strong. I have hope, the bane of all sports fans life... But not expecting any points today.

GB always have a performance in them. Having got some famous wins recently and yes taking Denmark to a shoot out. They played well last year even in the loss to Austria.
I think Denmark can not be relegated, because they are hosts next year. But I am not 100% on that

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
Hats off to Denmark for their victory. GB had so many chances but the block shots by the Danes and the penalties were the killers in the game. Czechia is going to be tough but GB still have a chance against Norway and Austria in their remaining games to avoid relegation.

aquaregia

May 23, 2022
Lancashire
Familiar feeling of putting up a brave performance but it not being quite enough. Odd feeling that our shakiest period after all ended up being our first yet took two goals from it.

Perlini's misses and poor discipline the stinger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad