C Kent Johnson - Cleveland Monsters, AHL (2021, 5th, CBJ)

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
this kids leading the BCHL by 20 points as a 17 year old. that's incredible. i dunno what he's going to do for an encore in the BCHL next year...he won't have much to prove. i wonder if he moves somewhere else before heading to Michigan the following year. if he wins the scoring race by say 40 points, how bad is he going to destroy the league the following year?

I’m pretty sure he goes to university next year.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
this kids leading the BCHL by 20 points as a 17 year old. that's incredible. i dunno what he's going to do for an encore in the BCHL next year...he won't have much to prove. i wonder if he moves somewhere else before heading to Michigan the following year. if he wins the scoring race by say 40 points, how bad is he going to destroy the league the following year?

he’s heading to Michigan next season, should be interesting to watch.

Also - anyone point me in the direction of the best streaming service for the NCAA? I’m more of a WHL/Live BCHL fan but will want to catch some of his games next year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
he’s heading to Michigan next season, should be interesting to watch.

Also - anyone point me in the direction of the best streaming service for the NCAA? I’m more of a WHL/Live BCHL fan but will want to catch some of his games next year.

Big Ten Network+. You can subscribe directly to the Michigan games, which'll save you some money as opposed to subscribing to a general package.

https://www.btnplus.com/packages?type=0

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
8 points (2+6) combined in 2 games against Merritt (January 3rd & 4th)
- he had 7 penalty minutes in the 1st game, a fight?, or just another type of 5 min major?.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
So....4 games against Merritt this season, 18 points...Thats 23% from his season total....LOL.
= 3, 4 or 5 points is expected from him from his next game.....

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
8 points (2+6) combined in 2 games against Merritt (January 3rd & 4th)
- he had 7 penalty minutes in the 1st game, a fight?, or just another type of 5 min major?.

Hook/semi-spear that he received a 5 min major for

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Running at a cool 2.0 PPG, leads the league in points by a 25 pt margin - also leads in goals (by 5) and assists (by 15). Haven’t seen a 17 year old do this in a long time. Sticking with my Marner comparison, as opposing teams can’t give this guy any room at all. He’s being double/triple teamed at this point and still getting it done. Just an amazing season so far.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Why was the next game postponed?. Does anyone know?.

huge storm system rolled through the province over the last few days, highways were impassable and the ministry was doing avalanche control work (which = highway closures) on the day of/leading up to that game. Driving from Trail-anywhere was borderline suicidal over the last few days. Doubly so for driving to Merritt, which entails going through 3 different mountain passes and driving on hairy roads at the best of times.

Reactions: d rake

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
huge storm system rolled through the province over the last few days, highways were impassable and the ministry was doing avalanche control work (which = highway closures) on the day of/leading up to that game. Driving from Trail-anywhere was borderline suicidal over the last few days. Doubly so for driving to Merritt, which entails going through 3 different mountain passes and driving on hairy roads at the best of times.

Seriously?. Holy Hanna!. That sounds bad.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
I saw someone rank him number 1 overall in another thread. I had to come to this thread because I never even heard of him before, is he really generating that kind of hype that he could go number 1 over Raty?

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I saw someone rank him number 1 overall in another thread. I had to come to this thread because I never even heard of him before, is he really generating that kind of hype that he could go number 1 over Raty?
he's doing well, idk about saying he's going to be 1OA already but it's not the craziest thing I've heard

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
47 games
36 goals
54 assists
90 points
1.90 ppg

Leads the BCHL in goals, assists, points, ppg, gw g (7), pp g (13), pp a (24), pp p (37)

Trail Smoke Eaters top 6 in scoring this season:

1. F Kent Johnson | 36+54=90 (1.90)
2. F Owen Ozar | 22+37=59 (1.25)
3. F Michael Colella | 22+37=59 (1.15)
4. F Philippe Lapointe | 18+31=49 (1.68)
5. D Diarmad DiMurro | 6+24=30 (0.60)
6. F Tyler Ghirardosi | 18+12=30 (0.80)

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Does he project as a center or winger?
We really can’t make any conclusions until he hits college. All we can say right now is that he’s a terribly exciting prospect, whose performance against higher competition next season could put him anywhere from first overall to out of the first round.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
We really can’t make any conclusions until he hits college. All we can say right now is that he’s a terribly exciting prospect, whose performance against higher competition next season could put him anywhere from first overall to out of the first round.

I’ll state it now for the record. If Kent Johnson has a healthy freshman season, there is zero chance he slips out of the 1st round. I expect him to lead Michigan in scoring next year.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
out of the 1st.rd? I'd be shocked if he dropped out of the TOP 15. really want to see what he does at Michigan next year.

and seriously! How was he not at Hlinka camp last summer. It's one thing to cut from a Team Canada squad, but not even a camp invite? That's like carpet in your shower. That's not right.

Hopefully he'll get a shot at the U18 team this April if available. Hockey Canada does know he's a '02 birth year, right? you never know with those fine folks.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad