C Kent Johnson - Cleveland Monsters, AHL (2021, 5th, CBJ)

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Trail's actually really nice if you are into anything outdoors related. Great resort and backcountry skiing, mountain biking, bunch of golf in the area, lakes, fishing, hunting, etc.
KJ will feel at home in Michigan then

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Wraps up his regular season by unsurprisingly winning league MVP, was the league's top scorer in every offensive category, and also took home the BCHL's Lady Byng equivalent trophy with only 14 PIMs (whether that's a + or - remains to be seen).

I believe this was the best season in the last 2 decades for a D-1 player in the BCHL. Fully expecting him to come in as a near or > PPG player in college, à la Newhook.

Skating wise he isn't on the same planet as Newhook, but his ability to create out of nothing is arguably superior. And the hands and vision are truly something else.

I've had a few stylistic comparisons come to mind over this season, but having watched more and more games now, I see a lot of Marner in his game.

Should be on HC's radar for the Hlinka...

Last edited:

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
Wraps up his regular season by unsurprisingly winning league MVP, was the league's top scorer in every offensive category, and also took home the BCHL's Lady Byng equivalent trophy with only 14 PIMs (whether that's a + or - remains to be seen).

I believe this was the best season in the last 2 decades for a D-1 player in the BCHL. Fully expecting him to come in as a near or > PPG player in college, à la Newhook.

Skating wise he isn't on the same planet as Newhook, but his ability to create out of nothing is arguably superior. And the hands and vision are truly something else.

I've had a few stylistic comparisons come to mind over this season, but having watched more and more games now, I see a lot of William Nylander in his game.

Should be on HC's radar for the Hlinka...
He is too old for the Hlinka

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Assuming his regular season is done, he finishes with 101 points in 52 games. Will be interesting to watch him next year in Michigan, they have a very good freshman class (Himself, Bordeleau, Brisson and Truscott).

Reactions: Acadien86

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
He was just awarded the CJHL top forward of the year. Even with no sports news at all, this hasn't been widely reported. I sometimes think he's got be one of the least discussed prospects for 2021.

Reactions: Dominance

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I had a chuckle at this shootout move from him this year. Good stuff.

From what I can gather, Owen Power, Brandt Clarke, and Kent Johnson seem like the favourites for #1 overall next year, in that order.

Raty will give them a run as well, but with him added I agree with your list

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Raty will give them a run as well, but with him added I agree with your list

Raty has incredible vision and the puck and has been my #1 guy for the draft.

Kent falls I think a bit like Newhook but man his skills and imagination are incredible.

The 21 draft is going to be better than has been projected in the past year.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Raty will be lucky to challenge for 5. 1 isn’t happening without significant improvements in his skillset.

Kid just had a worse PPG in the Finnish junior league than his brother Aku in the same development year, and his brother went in the 5th round.

He shouldn't be in anyone's top 5 after this past season. Really disappointing 17YR old year.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Dumb question, but he can go to Europe next season right? He could stay in the BCHL but he utterly destroyed it this year.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Dumb question, but he can go to Europe next season right? He could stay in the BCHL but he utterly destroyed it this year.

If he wanted to play NCAA hockey in his D+1 year (for whatever reason) he could go to Europe but could not play in any of the professional European leagues, just the junior leagues. You can decide for yourself if those leagues are better or worse than the BCHL.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
No point, he can’t play pro if he wants to keep his NCAA commit and the European junior leagues are not worth moving to Europe when the USHL is right there. He could go to the USHL if he wanted, or stay in BC.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
KJ and Power seem like "the guys" in what looks like a pretty weak 2021 class. The talk of Raty going 1OA doesn't make sense to me. Statistically, many Finnish players have had better track records through their d-1 seasons and not even gone top 10. Lundell will likely be an example of that this season.

Reactions: Dominance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad