C Joseph Blandisi (2012, 162nd, COL; 2015 signed, NJD)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He had some obscure disease though right? I think I read something about that with his production lacking and the talk about him possibly not being able to continue his career.

There were strong rumours that Avs were on the fence about signing him and actually wanted to see him traded to see what he could accomplish with a deep playoff run. Thus Ottawa 67's traded him to the Barrie Colts where he did play, but then missed 4 to 5 months after that with coxsackie virus. Not a life threatening virus, don't think he had meningitis, but one that caused painful blisters on mouth, hands, and feet.

Always a big fan of him, thought Avs should have signed him either way, but we had a lot of players that had his same qualities at the time (and Roy wants to get bigger like the Kings). Still don't think he has a lot of NHL talent, but he is very shifty and his best attribute is his work rate. Always got creamed in the corners, but really has that fearless attitude, and those players can really develop into something, even if it is just as a solid bottom 6er.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
There were strong rumours that Avs were on the fence about signing him and actually wanted to see him traded to see what he could accomplish with a deep playoff run. Thus Ottawa 67's traded him to the Barrie Colts where he did play, but then missed 4 to 5 months after that with coxsackie virus. Not a life threatening virus, don't think he had meningitis, but one that caused painful blisters on mouth, hands, and feet.

Always a big fan of him, thought Avs should have signed him either way, but we had a lot of players that had his same qualities at the time (and Roy wants to get bigger like the Kings). Still don't think he has a lot of NHL talent, but he is very shifty and his best attribute is his work rate. Always got creamed in the corners, but really has that fearless attitude, and those players can really develop into something, even if it is just as a solid bottom 6er.

When is the last time you've seen him play that has formed your opinion on not having NHL talent? He has a great training camp and preseason for us and almost made the Devils. He's having a pretty solid first pro year in the AHL, and has looked like an NHL player as a call up.

He's very quick, is a great passer, is strong at controlling the puck, and doesn't shy away from physical play. His positioning and awareness need work, as does his decision making, but he's a raw first year pro that can learn and improve.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ

Doesn't have a lot of NHL talent? Aside from his shot, I believe he has above average offensive skills across the board. He is a very good skater. Maybe not the fastest guy but he is very good on his edges, allowing him to be shifty. Look at how he torches NHL defenders with his spin move and and last night with that assist. He is definitely an above average puck handler as well. He's already made some slick passes that have led to goals.

As for his defensive skills, I haven't really noticed much either way. He was voted the best PKer in the OHL last season and led the league in shorthanded goals so he has a good stick at the very least.

It's early, but he clearly has a lot of ability. How good he'll end up remains to be seen. However, I think he certainly has a very good chance of being a top 6 forward

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Love this kid. Him and Boucher are great for a franchise that hasn't had much offense for years.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Man his wheels have improved in the last 2 years. He's just flat out flying out there. Beautiful goal last night, he's looking to be a surefire top 6 forward. Speed, hands, quick shot, grit, vision. He'd be the total package if he were a bit bigger.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Looks like awesome player in the making, damn it. He could be exactly what Devils needed. But let's see what he will do for the rest of the season.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Man his wheels have improved in the last 2 years. He's just flat out flying out there. Beautiful goal last night, he's looking to be a surefire top 6 forward. Speed, hands, quick shot, grit, vision. He'd be the total package if he were a bit bigger.

He's as fast as he was. Good on him for making it.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Remember seeing him at his first OHL camp with Owen Sound and thinking he looked and played a lot like Joey Hishon. Starting to turn into the real deal and so happy for the kid.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I was skeptical of his stats as an overager in the OHL last year, but if he keeps playing like this I might have to change my mind. The jury is still out, but his speed and creativity are exactly what has been missing in NJ since 2012. Huge boost to the rebuild if he turns out to be the real deal.

HasbeenHallzy

May 14, 2015
Sudbury
I can't believe how well he's turned out thus far.. I watched him play a few times last season (against the lowly Sudbury Wolves) and he didn't really stand out much. He's definitely caught my attention now...

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
Very impressive how quickly he has become acclimated to the speed of the NHL game.
He should be a lock to stick with the Devils the rest of the season so hopefully he can continue to produce and earn PP time

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I was skeptical of his stats as an overager in the OHL last year, but if he keeps playing like this I might have to change my mind. The jury is still out, but his speed and creativity are exactly what has been missing in NJ since 2012. Huge boost to the rebuild if he turns out to be the real deal.

I agree. I was very skeptical of an overager putting up gaudy numbers, but once I saw him in person I immediately saw what all the fuss was about. Great speed and physical skills, with instinct and vision just oozing out of him.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Kinda messed up to say but Tlusty now being out for the year has really improved the team. Maybe we are overreacting because we haven't seen a youth movement like this in a while but Blandisi looks very promising.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Shhh...

We have one of the worst foundations in the league according to HFBoards. I would rather just keep our team's promise to ourselves and thrive in the underdog role as we continue to defy expectations.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Huge fan of his. I really like his game too. Shocked at how skilled/creative he is.

Long way to go, but really solid start. A lot of people need to see this guy in action.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Huge fan of his. I really like his game too. Shocked at how skilled/creative he is.

Long way to go, but really solid start. A lot of people need to see this guy in action.

Yeah, he's a ton of fun to watch. His acceleration and stickhandling are very good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad