C Joseph Blandisi (2012, 162nd, COL; 2015 signed, NJD)

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
I thought he played very well last night. Seemed a bit down on himself after the game for not burying that chance early in the 2nd.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
He's looked very shifty and creative offensively so far in his limited time. His d is a little shaky, but not as bad as I feared it would be. I've seen too many players look good right after call-ups only to never really make an impact to call him a success just yet though.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
He's looked very shifty and creative offensively so far in his limited time. His d is a little shaky, but not as bad as I feared it would be. I've seen too many players look good right after call-ups only to never really make an impact to call him a success just yet though.

No, I agree, we need to see him more to make that determination. But, and this probably speaks more to the state of the Devils' forwards, he already looks like one of the fastest players on the team. Add in his creativity and stick handling and you have a pretty good prospect.

What impresses me most are his short passes. Not everyone has the IQ to make the simple, effective plays. Sometimes those 5 foot, quick passes, are much more effective than cross-ice ones. He had that give and go with Merrill in the first period where JM missed high and wide. It's not the first time he did that either

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
first NHL goal tonight against Ottawa

then follows it up almost immediately with an assist

safe to say he'll be in NJ rest of the year

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
How does this guys upside look? Is he gonna be a Marchessault who produces then drops off or could does he look like the real deal?

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
How does this guys upside look? Is he gonna be a Marchessault who produces then drops off or could does he look like the real deal?

Definitely too early to tell but he is just so dynamic with the puck. He's never a passenger on his line and he's not the type to just dump the puck off either, he'll try to make a move and claim open ice.

I'm not sure his shot will ever be a threat on its own and that will likely be a weakness but he has impressed in all other aspects of his game.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Definitely too early to tell but he is just so dynamic with the puck. He's never a passenger on his line and he's not the type to just dump the puck off either, he'll try to make a move and claim open ice.

I'm not sure his shot will ever be a threat on its own and that will likely be a weakness but he has impressed in all other aspects of his game.

Looks like a poor man's Gaudreau, honestly. So shifty, very good vision and knows how to create space for himself and teammates. Being a physical, chippy guy is a boost

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
If he turns into a top 6 NHL player then it pretty much knocks a year off the rebuild, pleasant surprise considering he's been in the organization for a year. Still pretty early though.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Really amazing progression. In his 18/19 YO OHL season he can barely keep himself PPG then in his next season he absolutely dominates. A year after that he's competitive in the AHL and is working his way to stay in the NHL. Insane.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Really amazing progression. In his 18/19 YO OHL season he can barely keep himself PPG then in his next season he absolutely dominates. A year after that he's competitive in the AHL and is working his way to stay in the NHL. Insane.

Not being signed by the Avs really, and I mean really must have lit a fire in his ass

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Not being signed by the Avs really, and I mean really must have lit a fire in his ass

He had some obscure disease though right? I think I read something about that with his production lacking and the talk about him possibly not being able to continue his career.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012

Blandisi has a great wrist shot.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Like others said he wasn't signed because of an illness and because he was horrible defensively in the OHL, the few times I saw him in the NHL this season he didn't look too hot away from the puck either. He's electric when he has the puck though.

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
Like others said he wasn't signed because of an illness and because he was horrible defensively in the OHL, the few times I saw him in the NHL this season he didn't look too hot away from the puck either. He's electric when he has the puck though.

The Devils are probably one of the best organizations to learn the defensive side of the game. We have always taken offensive minded players and turned them into solid two way guys.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Great game last night. I think he's a little bigger then Johnny Hockey but brings the same kind of creativity and offensive instincts.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Kid is playing well right now. Here's his bio from eliteprospects, which I thought was pretty funny:

Blandisi is an effective top 6 forward at the OHL level. He can be counted on to provide offense, but also to play physical and get under the opposing teams skin. Not a huge player, but is solid and strong. Has until June 1st to be signed by Colorado(2012 6th Round, 162nd), where eventually he could project to be a bottom 6 NHL forward who plays hard every night and pot the occasional goal, Steve Ott type. (Tyler Parchem, EP, 2014) - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=99041#sthash.VQxZ3yav.dpuf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad