C Jake Wise, Boston University Terriers - 69th overall 2018

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Wise is a wild card. If Shaw could make it, so could he (not suggesting Wise is a Shaw clone). Kid has an interesting mix of skills and grit.
Wise was as hyped and as productive as Jack Eichel at every step of the way - both kids were constantly compared to one another...it is crazy how things didnt go well for him his draft season compared to the 2-3 years prior where he was talked as a potential #1 overall pick. kid has the work ethic and skill to be a damn solid player, let's hope he just stays healthy and gets a full year in - that will be huge for him.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
True, I had warned against the 'Wise coulda been the #1 OA pick' talk.
Him being a 1st overall pick was nonsense on draft day and still is, but I stand firm that Wise should've been a first round pick (if you ignore injuries that may sidetrack his career).

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Dealing with adversity often adds to the mix. Perseverance, humility and perspective come to mind. Sounds like Wise has taken the (crappy) cards he was dealt, with a great frame of mind. Rooting for the kid and hoping the injuries are behind him.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Dealing with adversity often adds to the mix. Perseverance, humility and perspective come to mind. Sounds like Wise has taken the (crappy) cards he was dealt, with a great frame of mind. Rooting for the kid and hoping the injuries are behind him.
yep, from what this kid did at his final year with the USNDP was utterly impressive. he put up 1.5 ppg since he came back injury wise all while NOT playing with Hughes, Farabee and Wahlstrom. he has the ability to produce because of how smart he is and where he typically goes on the ice to produce..very excited to see how he does this season, and it wouldn't shock me if he really has a strong season for BU - like a ppg season especially with Farabee gone now.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
yep, from what this kid did at his final year with the USNDP was utterly impressive. he put up 1.5 ppg since he came back injury wise all while NOT playing with Hughes, Farabee and Wahlstrom. he has the ability to produce because of how smart he is and where he typically goes on the ice to produce..very excited to see how he does this season, and it wouldn't shock me if he really has a strong season for BU - like a ppg season especially with Farabee gone now.

Agree. Not fair to place huge expectations on him (yet), but far too many are sleeping on him.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
So, does that mean he's looking to play another year in college, but somewhere else other than BU?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad