C Jake Wise, Boston University Terriers - 69th overall 2018

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
The real question with Wise is: does he use that solid stature to his advantage or does he play soft like many of Stan's picks?
Wise goes into high traffic areas. He has taken a few big hits which has knocked him out of a game or two - he needs to get better at reading when to go into traffic and when to avoid. He does not play soft, but he isn't going to go all Tom Wilson on you. He will bring a nice blend of skill and toughness just like Toews did as a punk kid!

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Barrat gets overlooked because of the depth we have in the system but kids got some skill and snarl. Could see him being a really good 3c down the line.

Saw a couple clips of him last year when he was got conicadentals with another player and they were chirping at each other pretty hard in the box. Almost immediately after they were both released, Barrat destroyed the kid open ice and then later in the same shift went bar down for a goal. Was a fan ever since, lol.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Barrat gets overlooked because of the depth we have in the system but kids got some skill and snarl. Could see him being a really good 3c down the line.

Saw a couple clips of him last year when he was got conicadentals with another player and they were chirping at each other pretty hard in the box. Almost immediately after they were both released, Barrat destroyed the kid open ice and then later in the same shift went bar down for a goal. Was a fan ever since, lol.

Barrett looked like prime Bolland on that shift

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Do we need to do a recount on the Wise vs Beaudin battle now?

Nope. DeBrincat got cut from his WJC team and was on the hawks 9 months later. Ended up leading the hawks in goals his rookie year.

It’s not always the best at each position get to go. They get the luxury of having a lot of high end guys that can play and it’s more about piecing the puzzle together. I mean even go back and look at that USA WJC team. I’m pretty sure Keller is the only full time nhl player from that roster so far. Hard to say it was a mistake not selecting DeBrincat because they won gold but he pretty clearly had more than enough talent to play there.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
That USA team in December is going to be stacked. Poehling, Norris and Hughes are basically locks.

There are players who suit up better in to bottom-6 role than Wise. If Wise returns to school after this year, he is basically lock to be top-6 center next year.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Wise was in tough for a center position and obviously USA Hockey didn't like him as the #4C.

A lot of talent just got cut, but this isn't the end all be all here, players have been cut in summer camp to come back and make the team in December.

Barratt is a guy I have viewed very highly as well, he plays that perfect 4th C and is a year older than Wise as well. This team is going to be loaded upfront, but when Hutsko, Lodnia, and Wise get cut (all 3 were on my final team, and many other USA Hockey followers), tells you just how deep this group is. Potential #2 overall pick Turcotte didn't even get invited here lol.

If Wise has a strong start to the year, there is a solid chance he gets an invite back to camp in December, but the numbers ahead of him at C are hard to overcome right now....

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Anyone care to comment on what Jake Wise is doing at college? He seems to be off to a slow start.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Anyone care to comment on what Jake Wise is doing at college? He seems to be off to a slow start.
he had a real slow start to the year, but BU has had scoring issues all around. Three of their top 6 scorers are dmen, and only 1 ppg player with Krys just shy of it..

Bowers is struggling too, a first round pick...Farabee has been hot and cold another first round pick. I am not liking what I am seeing at either BU or BC, but these are just slow starts that typically can be overcome by years end. Wise has looked much better the past 4-5 games from what I have seen as well...so let's take positive baby steps here and hope he can start getting more quality minutes and power play time as well..

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Boom or bust type of player. Has serious potential to be NHL player. Plays like a pest. Strong feets. Legit shot. Incredible hands.

One of my favourite prospects in the system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->