C Jack Hughes - USNTDP (2019 Draft) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Can anybody comment on he he played today? I know he picked up an assist, but I couldn’t watch the game.
Played well. Like someone said not dominant but no one really had a stellar game on The Us today. Robertson, Barrat and Hughes were probably the best 3 forwards today.

Reactions: wasup

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Played well. Like someone said not dominant but no one really had a stellar game on The Us today. Robertson, Barrat and Hughes were probably the best 3 forwards today.

Madden was definitely better than Hughes today. Swap him for Hughes.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Thought Hughes was decent today. Had a couple of good looks, impressive skating and puck possession, got absolutely rocked against the boards, but bounced up immediately and got back in the play. His line, and the whole team, often looked out of synch.

Not a lights-out game by any stretch, but a good performance for his first outing at this level. Looking forward to improved play as we get deeper into the tournament.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
I don't get the generational or great vibe from Hughes. Just seems extremely small to me.

I could be extremely wrong, but that's just my opinion.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
I don't get the generational or great vibe from Hughes. Just seems extremely small to me.

I could be extremely wrong, but that's just my opinion.

He’s not generational. You only really here the “generational” term from US outlets because they’ve never really had an all time great like Crosby, Gretz ect ect. He could be in the Matthews, eichel tier but as for their draft year I’d put him in the Tavares, stamkos tier

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
He’s not generational. You only really here the “generational” term from US outlets because they’ve never really had an all time great like Crosby, Gretz ect ect. He could be in the Matthews, eichel tier but as for their draft year I’d put him in the Tavares, stamkos tier

What did any of this have to do with countries? No one cares Canada produces more NHL players.

I think Hughes is more Nolan Patrick than any of the names you mentioned.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hughes had his moments yesterday, but his line needs more ice time. Their dumb ass coach is using Norris more than Hughes.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
What did any of this have to do with countries? No one cares Canada produces more NHL players.

I think Hughes is more Nolan Patrick than any of the names you mentioned.

Just making the point he’s not generational and You clearly haven’t seen Hughes play if you think he is more Patrick then those other guys.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
He wasnt the best offensive player on his team but every time he touched the puck he seems to make something happen. His skating is absolutely electric, and thats the way the game is heading. Good to see he doesnt really shy away from the dirty areas, despite his size. Hes above the Hischier/Patrick tier but not quite at the Tavares/Stamkos tier.

Reactions: Dijock94

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Is it possible he will be first overall pick in recent times not to play in nhl regularly in first year ?

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Hughes ain't McDavid, but he's a talented kid. He may need an extra-year outside of the NHL, folks. Curious to see what happens in the draft this year, I am not sure JH will be a consensus #1 by the time June rolls about.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Hughes didn't look good in the first game. Got knocked down a lot. I wonder if he'd be better on the wing like Gaudreau.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Hughes didn't look good in the first game. Got knocked down a lot. I wonder if he'd be better on the wing like Gaudreau.
Hughes looked more than fine out there, no different than Kakko...hard for 17 year olds to dominate a tournament like this. he got hit hard once and got back up and didn't miss a shift - people keep pushing narratives that do not exist. his skating, edge work and puck handling skills were on full display against the Slovaks.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
Just accept that he's not the new coming of McDavid and will still be a solid top 2 pick in the draft and there's no reason for animosity.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
no worries
Kazahkstan will be the remedy and make all players tonight deserving of their rank and projected picks

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Sucks to hear he's out tonight.

The kid has good taste though. New Tavares/Stamkos or is this not going to be talked about due to being American lol.

Big-Read-Jack-Hughes-dad-and-brothers.jpg

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
Did one of those thunderous hits on him last game hurt him? He went into the corner pretty hard in the second, and then got caught in the third. He's listed as day-to-day.

This is the big hit in the third.

He's out "as a precaution."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad