C Jack Hughes - USNTDP (2019 Draft) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We'd have to win the lottery for that to happen.

This is the Canucks we're talking. Nothing good happens to us.

I'd say negotiating your way to the Sedins and making a SCF is probably something most teams would kill for. You guys have it a lot better then a number of teams do. Plus if you live in Vancouver then you have nothing to complain about.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
100% that Seattle wont be ready by 19/20.

Plus the expansion teams aren't given the 1st overall(not anymore at least). I can't remember exactly how it worked with Vegas but were they given the 3rd slot? IIRC they were eligible to win the lottery but dropped.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Plus the expansion teams aren't given the 1st overall(not anymore at least). I can't remember exactly how it worked with Vegas but were they given the 3rd slot? IIRC they were eligible to win the lottery but dropped.

Seattle, like Vegas, will be given the same odds as the 3rd last placed team. From what I've read it's likely their arena will be ready for summer 2020. So they are likely to get top 3 odds in the 2020 draft.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I'd say negotiating your way to the Sedins and making a SCF is probably something most teams would kill for. You guys have it a lot better then a number of teams do. Plus if you live in Vancouver then you have nothing to complain about.

I think Vancouver is quite clearly the most miserable franchise in the NHL, and it's really "not even close".

Closing in on 50 seasons and.... 3 Stanley Cup finals, 0 Stanley Cups. That alone is enough heartbreak for a generation. Got faked out on our first ever draft. Never had a 1st overall pick. Pretty much the first 20 YEARS of the franchise were just putrid, the franchise's best ever players have been widely (but completely unfairly) derided for much of their careers, the only times we were good everyone hated us....etc.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Some people did though.

Vancouver fans have never experienced that.

You guys had a 1st overall pick too.

I agree you guys have had it worse

Islanders certainly pissed away that 1st overall though (I assume you mean Tavares). Technically we had ANOTHER, but that DiPietro nightmare is a whole other story

The dysnasty is like some weird faustian deal the islanders made - after our eighties successes, we have had Milbury, Spano, Wang etc.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think Vancouver is quite clearly the most miserable franchise in the NHL, and it's really "not even close".

Closing in on 50 seasons and.... 3 Stanley Cup finals, 0 Stanley Cups. That alone is enough heartbreak for a generation. Got faked out on our first ever draft. Never had a 1st overall pick. Pretty much the first 20 YEARS of the franchise were just putrid, the franchise's best ever players have been widely (but completely unfairly) derided for much of their careers, the only times we were good everyone hated us....etc.

Get back to me when your team leaves for 15 years....

Reactions: ValeriKamensky

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I agree you guys have had it worse

Islanders certainly pissed away that 1st overall though (I assume you mean Tavares). Technically we had ANOTHER, but that DiPietro nightmare is a whole other story

The dysnasty is like some weird faustian deal the islanders made - after our eighties successes, we have had Milbury, Spano, Wang etc.

I would still made that deal with the Devil. 4 straight Cups for a generation of misery? We've already had that anyway. Sign me up!

So Hughes....plz hockey gods

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
ITT Let's talk about how pathetic our teams are. Rags deserve Hughes. One cup since Hitler....

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Can someone explain why he’s staying at USNTDP? Seems like a terrible decision in my opinion but I don’t know anything about anything.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Can someone explain why he’s staying at USNTDP? Seems like a terrible decision in my opinion but I don’t know anything about anything.

IIRC he hasn't finished high school yet, which means no college so his options were either staying, going to the OHL, or Europe.

EDIT (can't go to europe due to this day of birth, Matthews only went since he was in a weird spot where he was just under the cutline for the previous years draft as a september birthday).

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

It's basically his only option. He didn't accelerate his schooling to go to NCAA and he's to young to play in Europe. It's either that or the CHL and he's unlikely to go there based on who has his rights. He'll get all the exposure he needs at the USDP anyways.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
It's basically his only option. He didn't accelerate his schooling to go to NCAA and he's to young to play in Europe. It's either that or the CHL and he's unlikely to go there based on who has his rights. He'll get all the exposure he needs at the USDP anyways.

I read somewhere that he already said he wasn't going to the OHL anyways (steelheads own his rights).

Love

Feb 29, 2012
IIRC he hasn't finished high school yet, which means no college so his options were either staying, going to the OHL, or Europe.

EDIT (can't go to europe due to this day of birth, Matthews only went since he was in a weird spot where he was just under the cutline for the previous years draft as a september birthday).

Ok that clears it up thank you. Will be first ever 1st overall player drafted out of the USHL I presume? Wonder how he will handle that jump to the NHL.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Ok that clears it up thank you. Will be first ever 1st overall player drafted out of the USHL I presume? Wonder how he will handle that jump to the NHL.

Kane was drafted out of the USNTDP, don't know if it was the USHL at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad