C Jack Hughes - USNTDP (2019, 1st, NJD) Part 6

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Looked like he was taken off the first powerplay unit last night. I only saw the second and third periods, though. Can NJ fans confirm if that was a coaching decision or just a one-time thing?

He’s been off of PP1 for a few games now. And he’s been on the 3rd line with Simmonds and Boqvist. It’s like Hynes doesn’t want him to put up any points.

Hall-Hughes-Palmieri
Zacha-Hischier-Bratt
Coleman-Zajac-Gusev

Those are our best line combinations and Hynes refuses to play them.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
He’s been off of PP1 for a few games now. And he’s been on the 3rd line with Simmonds and Boqvist. It’s like Hynes doesn’t want him to put up any points.

Hall-Hughes-Palmieri
Zacha-Hischier-Bratt
Coleman-Zajac-Gusev

Those are our best line combinations and Hynes refuses to play them.

I was gonna say, didn't Hall and Hughes look great together? (but I guess anyone with Hall would look the same)

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Yeah it's a real conundrum about what to do with Hughes when Hall doesn't look anything like 'himself' from what I've seen. Hard to say who benefits more in that duo at this point

Reactions: xigon

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Too much ice time
Too much pp time
Too many off. zone starts
Too many long shifts
some time in AHL needed

call it what it is
nhl is not a development league

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Too much ice time
Too much pp time
Too many off. zone starts
Too many long shifts
some time in AHL needed

call it what it is
nhl is not a development league

Pretty much this, he really isn't ready for a top 6 position in the NHL but his draft position basically limits what the devils will do here.

Maybe they let him go to the WJC and he comes back with some increased confidence?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So now he’s not an NHL player again? Watch the games. The whole team aren’t NHL players right now. Give him a real coach and a functional team. He’s not struggling any worse than anyone else playing for the Devils.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
s-l640.jpg

Creepy bobblehead :laugh:

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
So now he’s not an NHL player again? Watch the games. The whole team aren’t NHL players right now. Give him a real coach and a functional team. He’s not struggling any worse than anyone else playing for the Devils.
I love that this argument is used now but when someone said "he isn't an NHL player" despite getting some points they were jumped all over. Now none of them are NHL players lmfao :)

Reactions: Dominance

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee

It's a terrible team for sure, but even so not being a plus player in one single game so far is quite unusual. Even someone like Puljujärvi had seven after 24 games.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I love that this argument is used now but when someone said "he isn't an NHL player" despite getting some points they were jumped all over. Now none of them are NHL players lmfao :)

Watch the games and don’t mix one person’s comments with someone else’s comments. Watch the games. NJ is playing so poorly right now. Shocking that a team of dispirited vets and terrible coaching would impact the play of an 18 year old kid. No NJ fans who watch the games are discussing Hughes in the long list of problems that have to be corrected. I think NJ fans are much more in tune with how HUGHES is playing than people that don’t watch him play. If he was bad NJ fans would have him on the list.

Reactions: Nocashstyle

135ace

Mar 18, 2015

Hughes struggling a bit of late is really the last of our problems. He's going to be fine, and while he may not be an ES force right now, he's still a valuable player who should be in the NHL.
That being said, I'm sure the insecure fins and rags fans will come in here slamming him any chance they get to make themselves feel better.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
It's a terrible team for sure, but even so not being a plus player in one single game so far is quite unusual. Even someone like Puljujärvi had seven after 24 games.

Yet he's still tiers above Kakko. So what does that say about Finland's prodigal son?

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Watch the games and don’t mix one person’s comments with someone else’s comments. Watch the games. NJ is playing so poorly right now. Shocking that a team of dispirited vets and terrible coaching would impact the play of an 18 year old kid. No NJ fans who watch the games are discussing Hughes in the long list of problems that have to be corrected. I think NJ fans are much more in tune with how HUGHES is playing than people that don’t watch him play. If he was bad NJ fans would have him on the list.
I watched the first 8-9 games and then I decided to spend my time watching games that are actually enjoyable. Not into schadenfreude personally

Reactions: Dominance

My3Sons

Sponsor

Watch the games. NJ fans are being very critical of numerous elements of the team. Plenty have suggested Bratt and Hischier are playing poorly. Severson is denigrated routinely. PK is criticizes. The majority don’t care what the return is for Hall so long as he goes and the team can move on. A decent number want Shero fired and the overwhelming majority to near unanimity want Hynes fired. No one is a sacred cow right now. Very few are complaining about having to run HUGHES out on the ice game after game. So long as plugs like John HAYDEN and Sit Alfred Lord Tennyson are playing suggesting Hughes isn’t an NHL player doesn’t hold up in context. Now saying he should be sent away to a better environment to get away from the mess in NJ is another discussion and you’d get some support for that most likely from some NJ fans.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Watch the games. NJ fans are being very critical of numerous elements of the team. Plenty have suggested Bratt and Hischier are playing poorly. Severson is denigrated routinely. PK is criticizes. The majority don’t care what the return is for Hall so long as he goes and the team can move on. A decent number want Shero fired and the overwhelming majority to near unanimity want Hynes fired. No one is a sacred cow right now. Very few are complaining about having to run HUGHES out on the ice game after game. So long as plugs like John HAYDEN and Sit Alfred Lord Tennyson are playing suggesting Hughes isn’t an NHL player doesn’t hold up in context. Now saying he should be sent away to a better environment to get away from the mess in NJ is another discussion and you’d get some support for that most likely from some NJ fans.

This was my take well before we realized how much of a loser this NJD team would be

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I don't greatly care about Kakko, but nothing at the moment suggests he'd be "tiers above".

Hughes looks like a young, undersized player with elite offensive talent playing for a garbage team. Kakko, on the other hand, looks like a Nolan-Patrick type B level talent who has been one of the most overrated 2OA picks in recent memory.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Hughes looks like a young, undersized player with elite offensive talent playing for a garbage team. Kakko, on the other hand, looks like a Nolan-Patrick type B level talent who has been one of the most overrated 2OA picks in recent memory.
lol, whatever helps you sleep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad