C Jack Hughes - USNTDP (2019, 1st, NJD) Part 6

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Lots of folks in here taking potshots at Hughes under the guise of being "concerned about his development".

He's looked fine in the NHL.. if the Devils looked even remotely competent overall I think he's probably got at least a PPP or three by now and we're talking about how he hasn't looked out of place.

The points will come. He's dynamic and exciting out there.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Watched him against the Sabres, thought he looked fine. Was inches away from getting behind the defense a couple of times, don't think he will go scoreless for much longer.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Hughes was invisible that game. If you didn’t actually look for him you wouldn’t even know he was on the team.

Well I noticed him. Came close twice around 11 minutes into the 2nd period, had a couple of other good chances as well. Looked a bit weak and lost the puck a few times but I would have been extremely surprised if that wasn't the case.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Looks overwhelmed at 5 on 5. Just had a nice shift on the PP, was gifted a wide open net in the crease and somehow managed to hit the post.

I still think he'll get it together and score 45-55 points this Season but it's clearly taking him some time to adjust.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Missed a wide open net because he wasn't hard enough on a loose puck infront. could've been 5-2, not its 4-3.

If they lose this game, its on him.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Devils fans are coming off as quite sensitive right now.
eh, no. Everyone has been wrong, past 2 games he played were pretty good and people were still cherry picking reasons to shit on him.

The empty net miss just now well.... yeah. won't be defending him today.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Florida - Devils... What game are you watching? It's sad, that you guys have to troll in your own prospect topic Dont know, how sad that is... Hughes has had several turnovers in first period.
Accusing me of trolling when you're posting this garbage. :laugh:

One of our best forwards at 5on5 so far, and was pretty good moving the puck on the power play. Sure though, he had a few turnovers (which you know, usually the league's best players lead in that stat), so that means he's been "bad". Give your head a shake that you think it's necessary to come into the Hughes thread and trash him for his play in a game where he's been solid, especially compared to most of the Devils. He's been pretty good in the last 4 games, including tonight, and the usual suspects are still coming in here to shit on him regularly. Please evaluate your priorities, because this is just sad.

xqh2cBx.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad