C Fyodor Svechkov (2021, 19th, NSH)

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
The AHL will make a defensive minded bottom sixer for life out of him. He won't learn offence there. The KHL might still teach him more offence.
Depends on the organization, coaches and staff etc….

If he were in philly, I’d agree for sure lol.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Depends on the organization, coaches and staff etc….

If he were in philly, I’d agree for sure lol.
I think it also depends on the player a lot. Preds' organization had guys like Fiala, Arvidsson, etc stay offense minded. Others like Tolvanen (so far anyways) maybe went the other way. But there are probably many things involved and every player is different.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I think it also depends on the player a lot. Preds' organization had guys like Fiala, Arvidsson, etc stay offense minded. Others like Tolvanen (so far anyways) maybe went the other way. But there are probably many things involved and every player is different.
Of course, the whole point they send those guys to the AHL is for development. If a high end skill guy like tolvanen has warts in other areas of his game that will hinder him from finding long term success in the nhl, what do people think they’re gonna work on? You are exactly right and generally that’s when the off ice traits u look for at the draft make the difference in terms s if work ethic, character ability to adapt etc… etc…. U can watch a guy like Arvidsson play and see the work ethic without even needing to actually Know him off the ice lol

I actually hate the whole HF boards narrative that teaching young high end kids the details of the game away from the puck/defensively is somehow going to just pidgeon hole them into a 4th liner for life. Because in that particular developmental season they didn’t light the league on fire offensively. What if those supposed 3rd/4th liners weren’t ever skilled or smart enough to make it in the nhl as a top 6/4 player at the end of the day and these are the tools that supplied them opportunity for an nhl career? Like Brett Connolly, Barbashev, Scotty Upshall, Austin Watson, etc… etc…. And on the flip side u look at guys like Sven Andrighetto, Hunter Shinkaruk, Beau Bennett, Jeremy Bracco and Andreas Athanasiou types and we see how those nhl careers have panned out.

It’s very easy for fans behind a computer to just say give these guys minutes with skill players and play pp with yada yada yada and ignore the defensive side of the game. When it isn’t your entire life and career that’s dependent on these developmental year/years. And point production in junior/AHL if you’re already a high end scorer doesn’t matter nearly as much to the coaches/development coaches in that organization as it does to fans who basically just stat watch and solely equate that to development or projection, if the players goals for that season were to improve in different areas of the game.

Focusing on being defensively responsible, or developing the hockey iq to manage the puck effectively doesn’t just deteriorate a players ability to stick handle or shoot the puck lol.

Sorry for my Ted talk haha, I’m bored just got out of a surgical-ish procedure and have WAYY too much time too kill hahaha

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
How are the khl teams getting equipment with the sanctions? Are bauer and ccm complicit ?
They’re Chinese knockoffs :sarcasm:

Although it wouldn’t surprise me if they do get equipment from China
The KHL itself isn't under sanctions, Russia and Belarus as countries are. And since those companies don't have any issues with Kazakhstan and Kazakhstan has a team in the KHL you can kind of connect the dots.

That was sure an underwhelming goal for such a celly lmao. He doesn't seem to be bringing any offense at all in the KHL. 1 point in 20 games?
While his season definitely can't be called as any good, it should be noted that only 5 of these games were with TOI over 10 minutes.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
The KHL itself isn't under sanctions, Russia and Belarus as countries are. And since those companies don't have any issues with Kazakhstan and Kazakhstan has a team in the KHL you can kind of connect the dots.

While his season definitely can't be called as any good, it should be noted that only 5 of these games were with TOI over 10 minutes.

I had to go with a different joke, as I couldn’t do Cyrillic letters on my phone :(

Kearns

Too good to be true, no?
Jun 7, 2008
Kamloops, BC
That was sure an underwhelming goal for such a celly lmao. He doesn't seem to be bringing any offense at all in the KHL. 1 point in 20 games?
Scoring your first goal in the KHL at 19 years of age is a big deal. He looked relieved as much as anything IMO. Not sure how many teenagers are even in the KHL. I can only think of three: Miroshnichenko, Grudinin and Svechkov.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Scoring your first goal in the KHL at 19 years of age is a big deal. He looked relieved as much as anything IMO. Not sure how many teenagers are even in the KHL. I can only think of three: Miroshnichenko, Grudinin and Svechkov.

Michkov has already scored 4 goals in 8 games for Sochi. And one primary assist. Of course Michkov is just about two levels above Svechkov as a prospect, and Svechkov was a 1st rounder.

Kearns

Too good to be true, no?
Jun 7, 2008
Kamloops, BC
Michkov has already scored 4 goals in 8 games for Sochi. And one primary assist. Of course Michkov is just about two levels above Svechkov as a prospect, and Svechkov was a 1st rounder.
Good catch. There must be others too. Still saying scoring your first in the K at 19 is a notable achievement.

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006

Reactions: Kearns

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

There's Michkov and then there's everyone else.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
In the MHL playoffs he was 1+3 in 7 games. In the VHL playoffs he's 6+0 in 6 games... Yeah, it's not just about players. Coaching, linemates, chemistry etc matter too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00