C Easton Cowan - London Knights, OHL (2023, 28th, TOR)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

I think this kid could have a big year for London this year. Cowan spent almost the entire season last year playing junior B because the Knights don’t like to rush their players - it’s notoriously difficult to get minutes as a 16 year old playing for the knights.
Cowan is a skilled two—way playmaking centre that sees the ice well. He should get top-9 minutes and power play time on a weaker London team this year and might hear his name called come draft day. We’ll see how things play out for the kid .

OHL Rights: London Knights
OHL Draft: London Knights (R2, 2021, #25 Overall)

Last edited:

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I am of the belief that he's the best of the Knights' 05 players. Cowan is the type of player that is always in the right place at the right time. I doubt he'll get the powerplay time needed to put up big numbers this year and push his way into the first round, but he feels like a player that goes in the third and turns into a steal.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
This guy has a ton of energy and skill. Very similar to Barkey. He’ll be a good pick for any team as he’ll likely blow up next year in terms of point totals

Hollel

Jun 15, 2019
Up to 29OA on hockeyprospects final list. Seems destined to be taken inside the top 50~ or so at this point

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
He was arguably the Knights second best player in the playoffs on a run to the OHL finals as a 17 year old. The second round projections were always underselling a player that didn’t get power play minutes like other CHL players picked higher than him.
He was the 51st ranked North American player.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
He was the 51st ranked North American player.
Much of the work from these lists does not cover the CHL playoffs. Once he was given a bigger role, he was a major reason the Knights made it so far without their #1 goalie.

Regardless of the end ranking, the entire 26-60 ranked players are much the same level. Just comes down to preference for certain attributes.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Honestly had never heard his name before we picked him....would have been nice to trade down if he was our guy. Glad it doesn't sound like he is a soft player and has decent skating. Hopefully it goes well lol

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

I’d say this thread is at 30 pages in a week. Feel so privileged to be on the first page of a Leaf’s prospect. I’ve officially made it
filipino-crying.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad