C Easton Cowan - London Knights, OHL (2023, 28th, TOR)

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
Genuinely, what is the argument that Cowan is a better prospect than Wood, Yager, Simashev, Reinbacher, and others as some leafs fans have stated. It’s just silly.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Genuinely, what is the argument that Cowan is a better prospect than Wood, Yager, Simashev, Reinbacher, and others as some leafs fans have stated. It’s just silly.

Simashev, Reinbacher no. There's no reason for him to be above them.

However, there's absolutely an argument over guys like Yager, Barlow, Sale and Honzek.

Cowan set an OHL record for longest point streak since the 90s, he had 96 points in 54 games which is a better point per game than all of other chlers in the draft outside of Musty and Cristall. Second best point per game in the Ohl outside of Musty, and the a Red Tilson Finalist. I also think his floor is safer than the others, should carve out at minimum a hardworking grinder that can play up and down the lineup.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Best leafs prospect for forward position and it's not even close. I'm not going to assume anything yet but I believe he will make the NHL eventually.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Simashev, Reinbacher no. There's no reason for him to be above them.

However, there's absolutely an argument over guys like Yager, Barlow, Sale and Honzek.

Cowan set an OHL record for longest point streak since the 90s, he had 96 points in 54 games which is a better point per game than all of other chlers in the draft outside of Musty and Cristall. Second best point per game in the Ohl outside of Musty, and the a Red Tilson Finalist. I also think his floor is safer than the others, should carve out at minimum a hardworking grinder that can play up and down the lineup.
Agree with this and I'm also not very high on Wood who to me seems like a worse version of Mantha, not in playing style but in terms of big guys who just don't translate like many thought they would.

Cowan is going to carve out a role in the middle 6 and be able to play up and down and have a decent career.

Whos in favor of Cowan playing in playoffs?
There is no need the Leafs just have to cut down on mistakes and execute better.

UnimatrixZero

Dec 7, 2019
Agree with this and I'm also not very high on Wood who to me seems like a worse version of Mantha, not in playing style but in terms of big guys who just don't translate like many thought they would.

Cowan is going to carve out a role in the middle 6 and be able to play up and down and have a decent career.

There is no need the Leafs just have to cut down on mistakes and execute better.
Yes I agree wit your analysis, Im thinking for psychological reasons theres always been players in past playoffs that provide spark, Its that factor that I imagine he can add.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad